TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Lousiana Owners, Reservation Holders, EV Enthusiasts - Need your help!

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bonnie, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If you've been following the information on HB 167, you know that your state legislature is about to stop Tesla from doing business in the state.

You can help.

Tomorrow, Monday May 22nd @ 5:30 - Owners, reservation holders, EV enthusiasts are meeting at 5:30 pm (or earlier if you can) at the public parking lot on River Road (corner of State Capitol Drive & River Road).

Tesla staff will be on hand & a few Tesla cars parked there. Please bring your Tesla and park it with the others - we want state legislators to see the cars (and media perhaps to get a couple shots). If you have a Tesla shirt or hat - wear it!

If you would like the contact information of the local Tesla-on-the-ground there, just send me a private message and I'll connect you.

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 7.10.14 PM.png

2. Vamken

Vamken Member

The Senate vote is scheduled for today, 5/22. Do you know what time will the vote be taken?

3. Darrel

Darrel New Member

My wife and I will be there, thanks to Bonnie, I hope we get lots of locals.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

And only 255 miles from Houston's Channelview Supercharger. I'm considering it too (promotes the unique-to-Tesla benefits of Lifetime Supercharging).

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. kbM3

kbM3 Member

I will be there!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. bonnie

No, I don't.

7. bonnie

8. Vamken

Vamken Member

No vote was taken today. HB 167 is back on the agenda for Tuesday. The Senate is set to convene at 4pm. There will be a live stream of the proceedings at Legislative Audio/Video

• Informative x 1
  9. bonnie

Thanks much for the update.

Some states have kept delaying votes, hoping to wear down supporters & not have them show up in person. Are there any plans for owners to return?

10. kbM3

kbM3 Member

I was there last night. Representatives from Tesla showed up with two gorgeous looking model S's. They are planning to be there again at 8 AM this morning.

The Tesla employees I met were wonderful.

There was also a couple there that owned a couple of model S's and actually got in to talk to their state senator. The senator had never even heard of Tesla!

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1