Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lousiana Owners, Reservation Holders, EV Enthusiasts - Need your help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
If you've been following the information on HB 167, you know that your state legislature is about to stop Tesla from doing business in the state.

You can help.

Tomorrow, Monday May 22nd @ 5:30 - Owners, reservation holders, EV enthusiasts are meeting at 5:30 pm (or earlier if you can) at the public parking lot on River Road (corner of State Capitol Drive & River Road).

Tesla staff will be on hand & a few Tesla cars parked there. Please bring your Tesla and park it with the others - we want state legislators to see the cars (and media perhaps to get a couple shots). If you have a Tesla shirt or hat - wear it!

If you would like the contact information of the local Tesla-on-the-ground there, just send me a private message and I'll connect you.

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 7.10.14 PM.png

No vote was taken today. HB 167 is back on the agenda for Tuesday. The Senate is set to convene at 4pm. There will be a live stream of the proceedings at Legislative Audio/Video
Thanks much for the update.

Some states have kept delaying votes, hoping to wear down supporters & not have them show up in person. Are there any plans for owners to return?

I was there last night. Representatives from Tesla showed up with two gorgeous looking model S's. They are planning to be there again at 8 AM this morning.

The Tesla employees I met were wonderful.

There was also a couple there that owned a couple of model S's and actually got in to talk to their state senator. The senator had never even heard of Tesla!