Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louver question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been cutting off the AC when I pass more than it used to and it's only 105f outside. It used to only cut the AC when I was doing a lot more passing than I've been doing recently. And yeah I've lived in the desert for 4 years so I've got a pretty good baseline of temps and actions from the car in hight heat situations. and I want to verify the mid louvers are working right to get air to the radiator fully.

This screenshot is while driving with the AC on but I dono which ones are the 2 in the middle. Also this says there is 6 but I'm only aware of 4. There is one on each side and 2 in the middle, where are the other 2?
I know I can move the 2 side ones while stopped to see which numbers move but I can't access the middle ones without pulling apart the bumper.

Screenshot_20220727-151405.png

Not a direct answer to your question but anecdotally I’ve noticed the “cabin AC reduced, vehicle systems cooling” message much more in the last year or two. I’m in a similar climate. I’ve recently had an AC service that I thought maybe helped a bit, but that might be wishful thinking.

I most frequently notice it when transitioning between high and low speed driving - e.g. exiting the freeway after an extended higher speed drive and then sitting in surface street traffic. Or right after supercharging.

Firmware updates being more aggressive with battery cooling?
“Vintage” high mileage battery with more internal resistance and therefore heat?
Busted louvers? (Like you the ones I can see are operating fine)

All of the above?

No answer for you, but curious how you access that information (louvers settings)?

Reactions: IslandHydro