Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love Field parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boourns

Mar 9, 2016
Dallas
We're taking a trip this weekend from Friday to Monday. Given that it's going to be so hot and you can't turn off cabin overheat protection in the 3 yet, I hesitate to take the 3 and leave it parked all weekend just to run the AC all day.

I see that Love Field has EV parking. The website explicitly says they are OK to use while traveling, but that runs contrary to my public charging etiquette instincts. Anyone have experience using it? Are there usually spots open? Would it be an a-hole move to park there all weekend?

Dallas, Texas Love Field Airport

If you have the electric car, we have the charging station, so come visit the airport and re-charge your car while you wait for your passenger or fly out on a trip.

Assuming it’s the same as in the S and X, cabin overheat protection is disabled if the battery is down to 20% charge. But over a 4 day weekend you’d never get that low anyway. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Airport parking lot charging stations are meant to be used by people taking trips. That’s the only reason they are there. If there’s an open spot, no reason not to use it. Consider airports as the exception to the usual EV charging etiquette rules.

Reactions: arcus