Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love input from you guys. Buying in Jan. Interior differences and few other ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at buying a Model S in Janunary. I am not having much luck with the CPO guy that runs the show in Florida. 4 times no contact. But, we will see how that pans out.

Considering the P85 or the 85.
I don't care about the performance side as already have really fast cars. (705hp and 500hp)

But I do like nicell interiors. I know own P offers the Alcantara roof. but, I want all leather interior. Would this be the "nappa" option that's allowed on both models.

How is the reliability of the 13/14 models? I don't care about autopilot. I also assume I can't add 4/50 warranty to a car if purchased used under 50k miles.

The "Napa" leather interior option is simply some trim areas covered in leather instead of vinyl. You won't notice a visual difference from several feet away, though you can probably feel the difference. There is no "all leather" interior.

Please understand that Tesla does not use the traditional "Model Year" concept where car companies may make major changes to their models in the fall and almost no changes at other times of the year. Tesla introduces changes to their cars on a ongoing basis without regard to time of year. A Tesla built on 12/30/2013 is the same as one built on 01/01/2014.

Therefore, asking if a "2013" Tesla is more "reliable" than a "2015 Tesla" has little meaning beyond the fact that over time Tesla continuously improves their cars. So in very broad sense more recently built cars are "better" in various ways than earlier cars.

You can read the Consumer Reports articles about Tesla reliability and then search TMC for the intense discussions such articels have generated.

I read CR. 44 out of 100. I don't fully trust what they say rather than hear it from owners. I want to stay away from 12 as it was the first year and CPO cars listed on the backend site are 13 and up. 433 used for sale via Tesla right now.

Don't care about visual, I like the feel and look of real leather and that's one reason why my 15 Benz bothers me. So much money for fake leather. I have 100% nappa and Alcantara in both my sports cars.

So there is really no design difference in the 13/14