Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love, Love, Love the new Raven Suspension!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience has been the opposite, I just traded my 2018 SP100D in for a 2020 performance version. MUCH more road noise in the new one, I noticed it right away..

Oh. But you forgot to mention you had swapped out the 21" wheels on your 2018 for 19" wheels and tires? Tire size ratios and tire brand/model have a very direct impact on the amount of road noise transmitted into the cabin.

I would say the tire noise is somewhat louder on my July, 2019 p100d (19" pilot sport 4) than it was on my July, 2016 p90d (19" pilot sport 3).
I feel that the tyre noise is by far the loudest noise in the car at anything above about 20km/hr. But i think it is QUIETER than my P90, there are fewer squeaks / rattles / other sympathetic harmonies going on, so the road noise stands out. When I play music, even at low volume, the car sounds nearly silent on all but coarse bitumen.
I agree with OP- the Raven suspension is really good, smoother yet more planted and has moderately-much better body control in cornering. I wish Tesla would tell us what they have changed, exactly.

Can you still set the suspension as sport or comfort mode in the Model X Ravens?

I thought I read somewhere that you cannot change the height anymore. It’s supposed to automatically adjust based on your speed. Which I think kind of sucks because some people need to raise the car to get into their driveway. Now you can’t do that.

After getting a loaner preraven model S with air suspension I can confirm the newer ones are much more comfortable and a bit quieter. Especially in comfort mode. To add a data point my car came with Continentals. My assumption is Performance models come with the Michelins.

Can you still set the suspension as sport or comfort mode in the Model X Ravens?

I thought I read somewhere that you cannot change the height anymore. It’s supposed to automatically adjust based on your speed. Which I think kind of sucks because some people need to raise the car to get into their driveway. Now you can’t do that.
You can set it at one of 5 heights and it is location-based, so it returns to that height when you do for driveways, etc. It also adjusts with speed if you choose to have it do it.

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D