Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my model Y but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is ahmaaaazing!!! I considered the X, but I knew it would get all the new S interior eventually, and did not want to have all the "old stuff", also a few friends have the X and they have had lots of rattles and alignment issues with the falcon doors. It felt "safer" going with the baby X, aka Model Y :)
As a current X owner, I concur. The creaks and rattles drive me crazy to where I’d rather enjoy the relative peace and quiet of driving my one-ton diesel pickup. If I were buying now, it would be a Y.

EV is a huge premium. ICE cars are reusing old engine tech. And even using the same base engines you’ll find in their budget/mid level cars. My 3.7 in my infinity is similar to the 3.5 in the nissans. Then they Tack on features for a price premium. You want all the bells and whistles you need to look at the S and X.

Reactions: Deutsch100
EV is a huge premium. ICE cars are reusing old engine tech. And even using the same base engines you’ll find in their budget/mid level cars. My 3.7 in my infinity is similar to the 3.5 in the nissans. Then they Tack on features for a price premium. You want all the bells and whistles you need to look at the S and X.
The VQ used in Infiniti is actually quite different from the one used by other Nissans except for the Z. Infiniti uses the VHR version which doesn't have a throttle body because air is metered using variable valve lift. The non VHR VQ doesn't have VVEL, and only has variable valve timing on the intake valves, whereas the VHR has it on both intake and exhaust . The Nissans also use CVTs, whereas the Infiniti uses a conventional transmission.