Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first all electric vehicle and I am happy I have chosen the Tesla Model Y. It is still very new to me. I have just over 1000 miles on it so far so in reality I am just getting use to it.

The main difference you immediately notice between a Tesla and the average internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle is the regenerative braking. In fact you can almost completely drive the vehicle using only the accelerator pedal. When you let off of the accelerator pedal the car will recapture the energy. The cars slows like you put the brakes on as it converts that energy to charge the battery. It feels a little weird at first but you quickly get use to it.

This is a fantastic car and I am very glad I purchased it. Since Tesla’s are really holding their value I had zero buyers remorse. As a matter of fact because of the current wait time for a delivery of a new vehicle I could sell my Tesla for more than I paid for it. One of many reasons buying the Tesla was a no brained for me.

Reactions: telsasan