Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my new Model S 75D but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my new Tesla Model S 75D, but like many others have commented in various forums and blogs the interior is quite disappointing. Especially for a car I paid almost $100K for. The interiors of cars costing only $25K put more into the interior design when it comes to molding storage and cup holders into the interior door panels. No fold down rear center console? No lighted vanity mirrors in the visors? Really? I'm glad the Model S now comes with a center console, but that's just some of what I'd expect in a normal car let alone a luxury sedan. That said, it is absolutely gorgeous on the outside and is fun to drive. I also like the figured ash and am glad I chose it.

I think Elon never stops to pick up dry cleaning either . . . what else explains the lack of any place to hang a clothes hanger?

Other suggestions:

1. a lip around the center display so as to have an anchor for one's fingers when trying to select something while driving; and,

2. a place to store sunglasses that won't see them launch with every acceleration; and,

3. allowing the new cruelty-free seats to also have the ventilation function of the murdered cow skin seats.

I love my new Tesla Model S 75D, but like many others have commented in various forums and blogs the interior is quite disappointing. Especially for a car I paid almost $100K for. The interiors of cars costing only $25K put more into the interior design when it comes to molding storage and cup holders into the interior door panels. No fold down rear center console? No lighted vanity mirrors in the visors? Really? I'm glad the Model S now comes with a center console, but that's just some of what I'd expect in a normal car let alone a luxury sedan. That said, it is absolutely gorgeous on the outside and is fun to drive. I also like the figured ash and am glad I chose it.

I think Elon never stops to pick up dry cleaning either . . . what else explains the lack of any place to hang a clothes hanger?

Other suggestions:

1. a lip around the center display so as to have an anchor for one's fingers when trying to select something while driving; and,

2. a place to store sunglasses that won't see them launch with every acceleration; and,

3. allowing the new cruelty-free seats to also have the ventilation function of the murdered cow skin seats.

I totally agree with both of you.

Feed the man meat! At least the skins are not going to waste but providing a luxurious feel. Plastic or synthetic fabric on the seats comes from greenhouse gas emitting hydrocarbons and mainly supports the economies of the mortal enemies of the West including Venezuela. On balance, bring on the cow. Good for the USA economy!!

I laugh every time I read a post about that lol, I agree with you 100% ^

Reactions: Vic4Model3
I'm glad the Model S now comes with a center console, but that's just some of what I'd expect in a normal car let alone a luxury sedan.

I think this is the disconnect. Just because the MS is upwards of a $100k car, does not automatically make it a "luxury sedan." And it's not marketed as such. It's marketed as a pure EV sedan that can seat 5 adults (and 2 kids) that can go 250 to 300 miles on a single charge. And occasionally drive itself around.

Don't think of it as a "luxury sedan"... think of it as changing the world. Do you really need that "luxury"? If so, go buy a BMW 7-series. ;)

I think this is the disconnect. Just because the MS is upwards of a $100k car, does not automatically make it a "luxury sedan." Don't think of it as a "luxury sedan"... think of it as changing the world. Do you really need that "luxury"? If so, go buy a BMW 7-series. ;)

I agree HLR. In fact, I agree so much that I can't say anything further about the $100k argument/entitlement because I'll piss someone off. :eek: And after a wonderful 3 day weekend, I don't want anyone messing with my mellow. So, maybe later this week........as it'll surely come up 100x by then. Until then, I am zipped.

The interior of the Tesla is by intent, designed to be minimalist.

Other cars have scores of buttons, switches, latches, knobs, etc.

The Tesla design language is to almost disappear when you are driving.

All controls are convenient on the wheel or controlled by the remarkable touch pad.

It is not loaded with bling, scent dispensers, clocks, transmission control consoles, suspension control knobs, engine shift point adjusters etc.

Just what is needed...nothing more.

Other interiors are designed to appeal to your Ego, and that make some people feel superior, but the Tesla interior gets the job done without all the emotional tricks..

Here's my list:

- 3 cigarette lighter type plugs / 3 USB plugs -- up front
- 2 cigarette lighter type plugs / 2 USB plugs -- in the back
- 150 Watt inverter plug
- Cupholders molded into the doors - both front and back.
- Grab handles - for driver and passenger sides
- Hooks for drycleaning, etc.
- Two "Line-in" 3.5 mm jacks - front and back. I know I can go bluetooth but I like hardwired.

I don't miss the pockets in the doors and all the other nooks and crannies found in other vehicles. They just collect junk and clutter up my life. And, please,Tesla never go "luxury" like this Porsche Cayenne interior full of buttons and knobs and clutter, and a small crammed spot for your legs. I love my no center console, open space, Tesla. I wish they'd make the CC an option since I don't need a box with a door to store junk in the center of the vehicle. I want open space. The glove box holds more than enough.

download.jpg

But, the items the OP is referring to aren't even luxury items. They're basic, common sense items - items that even a economic Kia would have. It's quite simple, Tesla has done a fine job with the high-tech stuff, but now needs to catch up with the basics. The longer it takes to do so, the more potential buyers buy elsewhere.
Where else would you buy an EV like the Tesla?

please,Tesla never go "luxury" like this Porsche Cayenne interior full of buttons and knobs and clutter, and a small crammed spot for your legs
Just ordered a Porsche C4S and a Macan S. I love Tesla's monitor, but I also love the buttons in a Porsche! And, there is plenty of leg room in every Porsche.

Where else would you buy an EV like the Tesla?
This should not mean Tesla should make an incomplete car. Tesla MS is good for what it is. But, it can be soooooooo much better. You people who are defending this are only trying to defend your decision for buying it. Chill! I bought one, too. But, I will be the first to let anyone know that it is missing basic items every other car has, and should have.

I told my friend at the cleaners that I have a Tesla MS. But, he will never get to see it because I can't drive it to the cleaners. There are no hooks to put my clothes! WTF!

As I said, quit defending the obvious!

And, there is plenty of leg room in every Porsche.

I'm 6'1". Look at that picture above of the Porsche interior and explain to me how I can drive with a bent right leg and not have my knee hit the center hump even with the seat all the way back? It's an impossibility. That's not plenty of leg room to me when my knee is crammed.

You people who are defending this are only trying to defend your decision for buying it. Chill! I bought one, too. But, I will be the first to let anyone know that it is missing basic items every other car has, and should have.... As I said, quit defending the obvious!

I gave a whole list of things I want (but would still keep it minimalist with my list of goodies added) so there's no ulterior motive for me saying I like the minimalist interior of a Tesla. Just because you like all the buttons, knobs and pockets in your Porsche (which I find to so be last century) doesn't mean you're defending your Porsche purchase. It just means to each their own. A buddy came by my cabin this summer with his new Porsche Cayenne and it amazed me (not in a good way) seeing all the dials and knobs in person. The picture doesn't do it justice. He loved it. I kept quiet.

I told my friend at the cleaners that I have a Tesla MS. But, he will never get to see it because I can't drive it to the cleaners. There are no hooks to put my clothes! WTF!

Finally found the ideal coat hanger for the pano roof bow

Hooks were on my list too but this is a workaround that @artsci shared with us and it works great.