Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my new Model S 75D but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- 3 cigarette lighter type plugs / 3 USB plugs -- up front
- 2 cigarette lighter type plugs / 2 USB plugs -- in the back
- 150 Watt inverter plug
- Cupholders molded into the doors - both front and back.
- Grab handles - for driver and passenger sides
- Hooks for drycleaning, etc.
- Two "Line-in" 3.5 mm jacks - front and back. I know I can go bluetooth but I like hardwired.
Yup! I'm rarely a passenger except for when my wife drives, and then I miss grab handles. I'd love them to be molded into the side of the door so it would fit naturally into your hand when using the right arm rest. That way a passenger could use their forearm as a brace too.

Kids, they need USB ports for power! So lots of them.

I'd have to see indoor cup holders. I don't know if I'd like that, but I also don't like Tesla's place of them in the center armrest either.

First world problem, but that's where I live.

Still love the car, but I could love more!

Lots of clever people designed car interiors before Tesla was around and did a great job. The touch screen is beautiful, but frankly not the best solution for everything. The lack of haptic feedback is one of those things. It is not true at all, that the Tesla has no buttons, It has plenty of the steering wheel and around it because they make perfect sense there. Physical buttons have the advantage that they stay in the exact same spot all the time and you can feel them, thus find and operate them without looking. That is a huge advantage. A touch screen always require a look especially a multi page UI!

In a moving car I often use my pinky or other fingers touching the dash to prevent the hand from moving around (caused by the motion of the car) so I can operate a button. That doesn't work on a touch screen.

My #1 wish for the Tesla interior (apart from making it non rattling and squeaking) is the ability to turn off the main screen or at least a screen saver mode having the entire screen be just a dark gray.

Reactions: babyjocko
It is not true at all, that the Tesla has no buttons,

I don't think anyone said that. The issue is the number of them. I really like the ones on the steering wheel as well, including the dials. But if you've been in a Porsche Cayenne lately, you will see enough buttons, knobs and dials to choke a horse.

My #1 wish for the Tesla interior (apart from making it non rattling and squeaking) is the ability to turn off the main screen or at least a screen saver mode having the entire screen be just a dark gray.

I have this page bookmarked and I go to full screen mode when I want the screen dark.

blank black page

There's not a true full screen mode in a Tesla, but this works well to darken out the screen the best as can be done. I like a dark car too at night, especially when driving on dark highways. I wish the brightness could be dialed down to a black screen, or a lot lower than it can currently be dialed down to. The lowest setting is still too bright for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: David99
Mark, any chance you can charge the battery to 100% and then post a picture of the final pack voltage?

There are folks trying to access this number to see if there's any chemistry change at play in the 60/75 pack.

But, the items the OP is referring to aren't even luxury items. They're basic, common sense items - items that even a economic Kia would have. It's quite simple, Tesla has done a fine job with the high-tech stuff, but now needs to catch up with the basics. The longer it takes to do so, the more potential buyers buy elsewhere.

I weep for people who test drive a Tesla but won't buy b/c it doesn't have cupholders, lighted mirrors or a hanger hook. :)
But you're right, eventually offering those would be nice to have (but not a must have).

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck
Here's my list:

- 3 cigarette lighter type plugs / 3 USB plugs -- up front
- 2 cigarette lighter type plugs / 2 USB plugs -- in the back
- 150 Watt inverter plug
- Cupholders molded into the doors - both front and back.
- Grab handles - for driver and passenger sides
- Hooks for drycleaning, etc.
- Two "Line-in" 3.5 mm jacks - front and back. I know I can go bluetooth but I like hardwired.

I don't miss the pockets in the doors and all the other nooks and crannies found in other vehicles. They just collect junk and clutter up my life. And, please,Tesla never go "luxury" like this Porsche Cayenne interior full of buttons and knobs and clutter, and a small crammed spot for your legs. I love my no center console, open space, Tesla. I wish they'd make the CC an option since I don't need a box with a door to store junk in the center of the vehicle. I want open space. The glove box holds more than enough.

View attachment 193447
Check out the new Panamera.I bet all other models will follow this infotainment design when a new version comes out, at least the SUVs.
And just alone the rear seat stuff starting @43:50 is pretty sweet.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL and Eclectic
The electric Mission E will change the game when it comes out.

That "when" is a big guess. According to some reports, it's 10 years away.

But I'm still looking forward to this "competition", whenever it comes out, and only I put it in quotes since there is no competition between other EV's and Tesla. But even if it's a really great car inside and out, and nicer than any Tesla product at that time, does a better interior, etc. make up for lack of Superchargers? How do I long distance travel with it -- public charging networks? Not a chance.

If Porsche was serious about electric vehicles, they would fast track this vehicle and start building a charging network - now. Instead, I think they are relying on Tesla to keep its word and share the Supercharger network with other automakers. If that's the case, and Tesla still lacks sufficient cupholders, coat hangers and vanity mirror lights in 2026 when the Porsche Mission E starts to roll into Supercharger sites for a fill of electrons, I can see Tesla shareholders getting nervous. Until then, it seems to me that it's Porsche's shareholders who have reason to be nervous.

Tesla Model S Outsells Mercedes, BMW, Audi, And Porsche In US - Gas 2

• Funny
Reactions: u00mem9
I definitely agree with OP. We pulled all the plastic out of our P85D and replaced it with carbon fiber and have done the same for a number of clients. Model S and Model X are great but we feel the interiors could use some upgraded materials for what they cost

Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0055.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0051.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0050.jpg
IMG_5788_BE.jpg
IMG_5785_BE.jpg
IMG_6286wm.jpg

Reactions: David99
But, the items the OP is referring to aren't even luxury items. They're basic, common sense items - items that even a economic Kia would have. It's quite simple, Tesla has done a fine job with the high-tech stuff, but now needs to catch up with the basics. The longer it takes to do so, the more potential buyers buy elsewhere.

Like perhaps Android Auto/Apple Carplay? You can engineer a car to almost drive by itself, but you can't (won't?) push out an OTA update to a $150k P100DL that adds AA/Carplay functionality a $13k Chevy Spark has? o_O

Reactions: u00mem9