Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my new MYP!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0F8A52D6-0019-4EB6-A38D-796C4F549B75.jpeg
2021 MYP in MSM with white int, tow, no FSD

Had a great delivery experience yesterday morning at Tesla in Brentwood (Nashville), TN. I was there 20 min before they opened and my MYP was sitting out front. So, I took my time with inspection of the exterior and interior (doors were unlocked). No issues were found, so I went ahead and started working on the car settings while I waited on the doors to open. I signed 3-4 pages, completed downpayment through the Tesla account page and I was out of there. The MYP AP cameras calibrated for about 15-20 miles and all is well with AP.

So far, TACC using vision instead of radar is doing just as well as my 2018 Model S did. Then again, I think I mainly used it on 3+ lane roads where it is known to do well.

The MYP on 21 Uberturbines rides just fine by me. And the look….is fire. Sure, it’s a stiff sports suspension, but I’m fine with that. People on these forums had me really worried about that. So far so good.

Only minor complaint driving last night is how dark the drivers area is without having an instrument panel behind the wheel. That said, I got home and discovered there is an Ambient Light setting I didn’t have activated. So, I’m guessing this will help.

Best of luck to all. I look forward to continuing to learn a lot from this community!

View attachment 7342912021 MYP in MSM with white int, tow, no FSD

Had a great delivery experience yesterday morning at Tesla in Brentwood (Nashville), TN. I was there 20 min before they opened and my MYP was sitting out front. So, I took my time with inspection of the exterior and interior (doors were unlocked). No issues were found, so I went ahead and started working on the car settings while I waited on the doors to open. I signed 3-4 pages, completed downpayment through the Tesla account page and I was out of there. The MYP AP cameras calibrated for about 15-20 miles and all is well with AP.

So far, TACC using vision instead of radar is doing just as well as my 2018 Model S did. Then again, I think I mainly used it on 3+ lane roads where it is known to do well.

The MYP on 21 Uberturbines rides just fine by me. And the look….is fire. Sure, it’s a stiff sports suspension, but I’m fine with that. People on these forums had me really worried about that. So far so good.

Only minor complaint driving last night is how dark the drivers area is without having an instrument panel behind the wheel. That said, I got home and discovered there is an Ambient Light setting I didn’t have activated. So, I’m guessing this will help.

Best of luck to all. I look forward to continuing to learn a lot from this community!
Ambient lighting is available on the MYP? Yeah I also was wary of the interior being too dark.

Reactions: HokieHaden
The Ambient lighting is for the footwells in the car, not anything that would be very helpful for eye level things but I could be wrong.
Yes, this appears to be correct. I just saw the Ambient Lighting option in the settings last night and turned it on. It doesn’t appear to be very helpful in the Y. I wish it had LED colored ambient lighting strips (and you could select your color of choice) like the BMWs, Land Rovers and other nice vehicles have. Oh well.

I took delivery yesterday and am way more impressed with the UT wheels and tires than I thought I would be reading the forums. It was like 32 here last night and they were fine this AM and all day long. I have 19" Enkei wheels that I'm waiting for Costco Mich pilot spot AS 4's for. Very curious to see the difference.
20211118_121820.jpg

What was your previous car? So we can get a sense when you feel 21' wheel rides fine.
Well….that’s tricky, as I’ve had 25-30 vehicles over the last 30 years. Haha. I trade every 18-24 months or so. But, most recently I’ve been driving a 2018 LR Discovery HSE Lux. Very very different from the MYP, of course. The Disco rides like a truck but has an amazing level of creature comforts. Very smooth air suspension, and amazing seats.

Obviously, I knew I was getting into a very different ride feel with the MYP. I had a Model S from 2018-2020, which of course rode a bit smoother on air suspension.

Reactions: kithytom
I took delivery yesterday and am way more impressed with the UT wheels and tires than I thought I would be reading the forums. It was like 32 here last night and they were fine this AM and all day long. I have 19" Enkei wheels that I'm waiting for Costco Mich pilot spot AS 4's for. Very curious to see the difference. View attachment 734993
Beautiful ride. Congrats! I really love the white with the UTs!