Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love my new Y - Michigan - kid approved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked it up this past Saturday in Chicago, couldn't be happier. Had to drive 3 hours from Grand Rapids with 2 kids, they were enthusiastic about the whole experience and love the car perhaps more than me, I can't drag them away from it. My 7 year old daughter says its her favorite thing in the world, she insisted on sleeping in the car the first night we had it home. The wife also approves, I was a bit concerned because she can be picky about seating comfort and such but no issues there. I don't think we'll have any trouble with road trips.

It's deep blue LR AWD, drives like a dream. First Tesla and first EV for me, coming from a Toyota Sienna minivan the driving experience just blows me away. I've looked it over pretty thoroughly for paint defects and it's nearly flawless, nothing worth addressing as far as I'm concerned. The Chicago team did a great job prepping the car for delivery.

Only thing I'm waiting on is getting my phone app working, it still just displays the "Wlecome to the Tesla family" screen. Sounds like they need still need to finish processing my paperwork? I'll call soon if that doesn't start working.

Only thing I'm waiting on is getting my phone app working, it still just displays the "Wlecome to the Tesla family" screen. Sounds like they need still need to finish processing my paperwork? I'll call soon if that doesn't start working.

I read somewhere that one person needed to log out and log back in to the app for everything to load. Worth a shot if you haven't tried that already.

Attachments

• 048E3C77-0307-4063-BF44-0C2E9C253CB7.jpeg
    048E3C77-0307-4063-BF44-0C2E9C253CB7.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 123
  • BD78DF29-620C-43CE-B8C2-02BA0C48139D.jpeg
    BD78DF29-620C-43CE-B8C2-02BA0C48139D.jpeg
    584.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 7193C95D-C292-402A-9271-7D68477AFD31.jpeg
    7193C95D-C292-402A-9271-7D68477AFD31.jpeg
    628.9 KB · Views: 106
W Grand Ave
Congrats! I am picking mine up there in a few days. May I have asked you a few questions about your experience?
- Do they let you inspect the car inside the parking or at the parking lot? Looks like it's going to be rain on my pick-up day, so it'll be difficult for us to inspect the car in the rain.
- Do they let you do personal check for the final payment? I called and they said they do not prefer personal check, but it's much easier for us to do personal check, especially most of the banks are closed near me.

Congrats! I am picking mine up there in a few days. May I have asked you a few questions about your experience?
- Do they let you inspect the car inside the parking or at the parking lot? Looks like it's going to be rain on my pick-up day, so it'll be difficult for us to inspect the car in the rain.
- Do they let you do personal check for the final payment? I called and they said they do not prefer personal check, but it's much easier for us to do personal check, especially most of the banks are closed near me.
They let me look the car over in the parking lot, which was behind the store, you have to go down an alley. The Tesla person I was working with was at home and unlocked the car remotely when I arrived. The keys and paperwork were inside the car, just had to sign and drop the envelope in a drop box. I paid in advance via EBT on Tesla website, which worked pretty smooth. Not sure about personal check. I traded in a vehicle and there was someone on site to help transfer the license plate from the old car to new.

Picked it up this past Saturday in Chicago, couldn't be happier. Had to drive 3 hours from Grand Rapids with 2 kids, they were enthusiastic about the whole experience and love the car perhaps more than me, I can't drag them away from it. My 7 year old daughter says its her favorite thing in the world, she insisted on sleeping in the car the first night we had it home. The wife also approves, I was a bit concerned because she can be picky about seating comfort and such but no issues there. I don't think we'll have any trouble with road trips.

It's deep blue LR AWD, drives like a dream. First Tesla and first EV for me, coming from a Toyota Sienna minivan the driving experience just blows me away. I've looked it over pretty thoroughly for paint defects and it's nearly flawless, nothing worth addressing as far as I'm concerned. The Chicago team did a great job prepping the car for delivery.

Congratulations! if all goes well there will be a red one running around Grand Rapids area next Saturday.

Great to hear your car looks great. I was originally scheduled to pick up my Y in Westmont, IL. I received a phone call over the weekend and was asked if I wanted to pick it up at the new Michigan location in Clarkston, MI. She said that I will be one of the first Y's at that location. Hope this experience goes as well as yours!

Order date July 11. LRAWD White with Black Int. 20" Induction wheels. Hoping to get a VIN soon so I can shop financing and insurance rates. Who does everyone have for auto insurance? Did your rate decrease due to the MI Insurance Reform?