Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love our new 2023 Model Y LR, BUT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Just took delivery of our 2023 Model Y LR and let me just said. The ride is so much better then our 2021 Model 3 LR. Well done Tesla, now PLEASE get the "visual" proximity sensors updated in the software before we rip the fenders off... also don't forget about fixing the "windows up on lock" feature.
We really do love the car.
Very funny. Amazing how Tesla owners suddenly lose interest in actually driving their cars, and lose all spatial awareness... :p :p :p

Just took delivery of our 2023 Model Y LR and let me just said. The ride is so much better then our 2021 Model 3 LR. Well done Tesla, now PLEASE get the "visual" proximity sensors updated in the software before we rip the fenders off... also don't forget about fixing the "windows up on lock" feature.
We really do love the car.
Agreed on fixing the "windows up on lock" feature! Our new 2023 MY LR annoyingly rolls down the right front passenger window (thankfully only when parked at home in the garage) every time. Sometimes partially. Sometimes fully. I had a similar issue with my 2018 M3 LR, but - as with all things Tesla- a software update fixed it. And agreed, too, on the ride - my god. The 2023 Model Y is amazingly smooth and a much more comfortable ride than the 2020-2022 Y's.... wow. Night and day! Kudos, Tesla! The new front door wrap-arounds and the tinted rear windows are phenom as well - same with the new parcel shelf in back. Now- can we get the new red color here in the States sometime? Elon?

Reactions: Kokopellie
I do find it interesting that many owners, instead of enjoying the overall goodness that Tesla provides, choose to obsess about all the seemingly little things. The cars are amazing, but imperfect.
Dude, seriously, stop. It’s a completely valid criticism when you pay this much for a car only to find it doesn’t have parking sensors that come as standard on cars a 3rd of the price! Tesla‘s are great, but it doesn’t mean we should bury our heads in the sand whenever they don’t get the basics right. Attitudes like yours are why companies pull this kind of BS.

Dude, seriously, stop. It’s a completely valid criticism when you pay this much for a car only to find it doesn’t have parking sensors that come as standard on cars a 3rd of the price! Tesla‘s are great, but it doesn’t mean we should bury our heads in the sand whenever they don’t get the basics right. Attitudes like yours are why companies pull this kind of BS.
Agree with this post! I have a new MYLR without USS. Given the size of the car it is super hard to judge distances without USS beeps. Particularly in the dark and where the cameras are blocked up. The rear view window is also TINY. Whoever says it's not an issue, let's swap our MYs and see how much you love it...

The Tesla sales people that sold me the car and also the Tesla people in Fremont that delivered the car in their lot all told me that I would receive the s/w update enabling proximity sensing the distance to a post or a wall by or on Christmas. I paid thousands $$$ extra to get the enhanced autopilot that I had on my model S that was totaled. Having the ability to not hit a post or wall or other small obstacle is important. This is far more important than lights and fart sound upgrades.

Reactions: c3nsored and Ratch
Agreed on fixing the "windows up on lock" feature! Our new 2023 MY LR annoyingly rolls down the right front passenger window (thankfully only when parked at home in the garage) every time. Sometimes partially. Sometimes fully. I had a similar issue with my 2018 M3 LR, but - as with all things Tesla- a software update fixed it. And agreed, too, on the ride - my god. The 2023 Model Y is amazingly smooth and a much more comfortable ride than the 2020-2022 Y's.... wow. Night and day! Kudos, Tesla! The new front door wrap-arounds and the tinted rear windows are phenom as well - same with the new parcel shelf in back. Now- can we get the new red color here in the States sometime? Elon?
What was done with 23 suspension? (I’m a 21 owner)

Reactions: Mjrotor