Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love to see cruise control option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have complained about the update that turns the wipers to auto when adaptive cruise is engaged my phantom breaking has gotten worse. I feel like it’s only a matter of time before I’m hit. Not everyone drives the car lengths back like a Tesla. I’m not going to do any more updates in fear of losing settings that were on the vehicle that I bought originally. Anyone heard of lawsuits on this issue? I could care less about the ones using autopilot! Too many factors to be trusting that one.

Try recalibrating the cameras. While the calibration is in progress, try to not be on freeways, stick with surface roads. If you can get some partially shadowed road so much the better.

This worked for me on my M3. It didn’t make it perfect, but it really helped. Over time it’s gotten even better.

I, too, would love a plain cruise control option for the rain. Even better would be using radar like *every other manufacturer * for distance measurement. Rant off.

So basically if I want a car to have the same options as the first day I go in it, don’t buy a Tesla. I may buy it but they can change the options when they want to? That’s not right.
Not right? It's a well-known part of the deal, a key aspect of their whole business model. Not only didn't they promise you that things wouldn't change, they effectively promised you that they would. You may not like their model, as is your right, but there's no way you should be surprised or outraged that they continue to do what they have always done, and let the world know that they would do.

So yes, if you want a car that remains as it was on the day you bought it you should probably buy something made prior to the advent of computers in cars.

It will not void the warranty but Tesla won't be able to support infinite permutations of firmware and control of the hardware. If there is a problem in the future for certain problems, you will be asked to update to the latest firmware before any diagnoses are done. It's like your phone or desktop, either you accept the updates or risk other issues later.

I could care less about the ones using autopilot!
I’m glad that you still really care about those using autopilot.

Attachments

• 070DBCCB-24B5-47D7-ABFD-1BB1B87186CC.jpeg
    070DBCCB-24B5-47D7-ABFD-1BB1B87186CC.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 76