Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lovin' the SLC Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
My S is nearly due it's annual checkup so I checked the Tesla app and saw there's an appointment available Thursday morning. I'm not a morning person so emailed the service center asking if I could drop it off the afternoon before.

Note that I sent the email two hours after they closed.

3 minutes later they replied saying that would be fine and they'll set aside a Tesla loaner (so I'll not have to take a bus home).

And this a week or so after emailing a question late Sunday night and getting a reply within minutes.

Do those folks ever go home?

Maybe the great service is because I always bring them donuts.
1f642.png
:)

I love Tesla!

I feel a bit sad that I haven't gotten to see the Salt Lake service center since they moved it from that old location where the Supercharger is. I heard it is really nice looking inside. Our guy in Boise is still I think considered an extension of the Salt Lake service system, since Tesla still has no presence in Idaho. Even though it's a Service Ranger, though, he does still have a Tesla Model S loaner he can pass around for the bigger service things like annuals.
Hmm, @Evoforce service is great, but I could rant about version 9 some more if you need something negative.

I feel a bit sad that I haven't gotten to see the Salt Lake service center since they moved it from that old location where the Supercharger is. I heard it is really nice looking inside. Our guy in Boise is still I think considered an extension of the Salt Lake service system, since Tesla still has no presence in Idaho. Even though it's a Service Ranger, though, he does still have a Tesla Model S loaner he can pass around for the bigger service things like annuals.
Hmm, @Evoforce service is great, but I could rant about version 9 some more if you need something negative.
Ha!

SLC Service center took care of me nicely with a warranty drive seal repair before a major trip. They had great service and were awesome to deal with as a new Tesla S Owner. The loaner P90D was amazing enough my wife gave them the look for letting me drive it. LOL

Only thing that would have been better was it would have been nice to have the car charged when I picked up as I was driving 250 miles home right afterward. I had to go visit the supercharger a few blocks away for a while. Not a huge deal and I'm not sure they even could have charged it in the time they had it without an onsite supercharger? All in all, great service.