Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low air flow from DS air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been an issue for over a year but I've never gotten around to trying to tackle it because it's just a minor inconvenience rather than an actual problem.

So the left 2 vents the one for the driver the air speed coming out of them is slower than the air coming out of the right 2 vents at any speed. Also when I kick it up to 11 the air comes out even slower from the left 2 but way faster from the right 2.
When I change the air to floor or windshield it moves accordingly but when I put it to my face it's always coming out slow from the left ones. I don't have a wind gauge but I can feel a noticable difference in the wind speed.

Pretty sure some crap like this is gonna involve me pulling my entire dash apart which is another reason I've not gotten around to it. But does anyone know what areas I should be checking out, or if I can diagnose without a full dash removal?

I have a similar issue. The left driver vent is good but the center left vent doesn't push much air. The center right (passenger vent over center screen) pushes a lot of air as well as the Passenger right side vent. I just figured the tech didn't put something together right after the MCU2 upgrade and some duct back there is "not quite right" and pushing air behind the MCU. I did notice that my car is also pushing (slowly) air out the defrost vents.

I too think it takes removing or opening the dash a little to see what it going on.