Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Battery Alert - Totally random question!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

In full disclosure I don't own a TESLA I'm here to find out if any owners can send me a picture of the DASH of the TESLA Model S when the low battery alert is illuminated. I need to reference it for a VFX shot for a TV show I'm working on and we'd like to be as accurate as possible. It's been surprisingly difficult to find a reference, everyone is typically pretty good about keeping their cars juiced. I've even called the dealer. If anyone has a photo or just happens to have a low battery and can snap a cell phone picture It would be greatly appreciated! I drive a mini and on their forums we say "Keep Motoring" so to you I say whatever the Tesla equivalent is. Thanks!

Emily

I'm not sure what low battery alert on the dash you're looking for... The battery meter changes color at certain thresholds, though. Here's a pic of mine with 6 miles left and a red battery indicator. Sorry for the crappy quality, i was just documenting a road trip i took last week.
image.jpg

The battery meter under the speedometer changes from green to a pukish yellow when there are 50 rated miles left. The 17 inch will display a message indicating a loss of power and the need to charge if, once your car is below 50 rated miles, you put the car in Park. (I got both of these indicators yesterday on my return from Nashville.)

oh my gosh! Thanks everyone this is very helpful. Are these indicators on the dash behind the steering wheel or the center console larger screen?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually let me rephrase, does an alert show up on the larger center console dash or just the dashboard behind the steering wheel?

oh my gosh! Thanks everyone this is very helpful. Are these indicators on the dash behind the steering wheel or the center console larger screen?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually let me rephrase, does an alert show up on the larger center console dash or just the dashboard behind the steering wheel?
Everything we've shown you is from the dashboard behind the steering wheel.