Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Brake Fluid Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is losing brake fluid a thing on Model 3’s

The original issue was that not enough fluid was put in initially. So during transit from the US, trapped air bubbles in the lines escaped and the fluid level decreased soon after first driving which initiated a warning.

There was never any brake fluid leaking, just not enough being added initially.

OK thanks chaps. My car is a 2019 model. I was just in it today and it is saying everything is fine (it felt fine). I’ll drive it agin today and if all good will cancel the appointment. I have been driving on low regen because of the weather and have been using the brakes hard to clean the disks so thought it might be that.

OK thanks chaps. My car is a 2019 model. I was just in it today and it is saying everything is fine (it felt fine). I’ll drive it agin today and if all good will cancel the appointment. I have been driving on low regen because of the weather and have been using the brakes hard to clean the disks so thought it might be that.

I'd get it looked at just to be sure. Might be on the boarder line for a warning but as the brakes are used more the fluid level will be lower as the pads are thinner

The original issue was that not enough fluid was put in initially. So during transit from the US, trapped air bubbles in the lines escaped and the fluid level decreased soon after first driving which initiated a warning.

I'm not sure why you got a "disagree" on your post because that was definitely what happened with a number of deliveries in 2019. Fluid was duly topped up and as far as I ever heard there was no actual fault found in the owners' vehicles.

Reactions: Durzel and GRiLLA
The RHD cars have the brake servo the other side (naturally enough). As a result the lines are longer compared to LHD cars. Apparently the factory in Fremont only dispensed a set amount of fluid and made no differentiation between LHD and RHD. as soon as the brake pads wore a little on the UK cars then the Low Brake Fluid warning tripped.
If there were air bubbles in the lines then the brakes would be spongy.

Yup had same problem. Only difference was did not fancy 60+ mile journey to service centre so picked up the appropriate brake fluid from halfords and topped it up myself - Not seen the brake fluid warning for the last 18 months

Reactions: Andrew_SE23