Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Call Volume On Some But Not All Calls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my MYLR on Sunday and have been loving it. One issue (?) I have noticed is that call volume is either normal (as expected) or so low that I can barely here it with the volume cranked all the way up. For example, I can barely hear my wife on her S10 but can hear my daughter on her low quality LG Stylo. If I connect my wires S10 to the Tesla and call my phone, there is no problem. I have called several other phones with mixed results. While they are ringing, volume is as expected, but as soon as they answer, I can just barely hear them. If the AC is on 6 or higher, forget it - they are drowned out.

I have checked my phone's settings (Samsung Note 8) and have everything turned all the way up. It could be settings on the receivers end, but I dont have these issues in my other car, and also cant ask people to check their settings for my convenience.

Any suggestions? Have you experienced something similar?

I'm having the exact same problem on my new M3LR. I haven't tried a whole lot of call permutations, but some calls are barely audible even with the call volume all the way up on the car. Others are fine. Car is running version 2022.23.101.2.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon. I might try pairing my work phone (Galaxy S21 on Verizon) to see if it does the same thing.

Upvote 0