Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low frequency boom despite liftgate adjusted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

oistein

Jul 28, 2017
Oslo
Is this normal? I experience low frequency noise (deep vibration/resonance) on tarmac with small vibrations. And on rougher roads. The liftgate sits pretty tight now, I've adjusted the screws as far out as I can. This is driving me nuts and I am starting to miss my previous car.. Please see attached screen shot from Dynabel Soundmeter app that I ran during driving. If anyone else could run a similar test in their car, I'd be grateful. Comments or tips appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9923.PNG
    IMG_9923.PNG
    108.4 KB · Views: 111
Same problem with my S 100D; my previous model S (85D) did not have this issue.
It is very tiring and annoying and sounds like someone is beating on a bass drum.
The car was already several times in the SC where they acknowledge the problem but cannot find a solution (also adjustment of the tailgate stoppers is not a solution for this problem).
The SC is very helpful and customer friendly but I'm a little disappointed that Tesla does not take their responsibilities to provide a solution!

Many complaints about this. I have a cheap solution that has worked very well for me, search for this thread "Pressure Buffeting - Has anyone experienced it" (page 4). Also look for cab's solution in the same thread.