Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Inventory Levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at both the tesla site and the ev inventory sites, looks like prebuilt inventory is very very low. Particularly on the 75 battery packs. With 1000 referral incentive ending today maybe we have a surprise coming for the Model S with the earnings call tomorrow?

Not only are new inventory cars super low, CPO inventory is practically non-existant as well. I don't think it has anything to do with a possible S refresh though. In early October, there were 30+ CPO cars that were sub $50K. Now there are zero. I personally don't think these cars were actually sold (some had really terrible pricing on them). It seems more likely that Tesla pulled this inventory. I have no idea for certain, it's possible they were bought. But these were pretty lame deals.

Reactions: Smiesguy
I got called by a sales advisor on the 26th saying that Tesla was pulling all thier inventory at some point that day to reserve the new inventory for test drives all across the US. I had been thinking about buying one,and that call made me pull the trigger, so I could still get a 75 RWD. No more than 5mins after I ordered mine, my advisor called and said the inventory went to zero! Glad I purchased when I did. Now, I have to wait to get it delivered!

Reactions: KyleDay
Well I guess that answers our question, no new goodies today. Sounds like if there is anything it will be at the semi event. I'm sweating bullets over here, they're supposed to build my car sometime in the next couple weeks, if they build my car and introduce new hardware 2 days later I'm going to be a sad panda.

Well I guess that answers our question, no new goodies today. Sounds like if there is anything it will be at the semi event. I'm sweating bullets over here, they're supposed to build my car sometime in the next couple weeks, if they build my car and introduce new hardware 2 days later I'm going to be a sad panda.

I highly doubt anything is being updated on the model s anytime soon. According to the quarterly report the inventory levels are low because they aren’t making any inventory cars and instead focusing their manpower on the model 3.

I highly doubt anything is being updated on the model s anytime soon. According to the quarterly report the inventory levels are low because they aren’t making any inventory cars and instead focusing their manpower on the model 3.
Yeah, that's BS. If they have cars in inventory, they can sell them, clearly by the last record quota, they had no trouble shifting them. Update is imminent.

Confirmed with my OA tonight that they can't sell inventory cars right now (said they were running out of test drive cars and loaners). He did say you could buy an "inventory" car that hadn't been built yet (which I thought was strange). I guess they're planned to be produced in a certain configuration but nobody has "dibs" on it yet.