Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Mileage 2018 Model 3 Long Range Rebuilt Title For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pictures coming. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 5AF729CC-3696-445E-976C-842C7047BC40.jpeg
    5AF729CC-3696-445E-976C-842C7047BC40.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 198
How are you going to keep Tesla from completely shutting this car off from supercharging and FSD as well as vehicle updates and repairs?
First, I’m not the OP.

Second, What are you on about?
Tesla doesn’t remove FSD, they don’t shut off updates. Repairs can be done but Tesla won’t touch HV without a HV recert, warranty is obviously removed.

First, I’m not the OP.

Second, What are you on about?
Tesla doesn’t remove FSD, they don’t shut off updates. Repairs can be done but Tesla won’t touch HV without a HV recert, warranty is obviously removed.

Actually . . . you are both right.

Tesla is know to shut off Supercharging access for rebuilt title cars, but historically it's been almost entirely S/X that get the shut off. And they also remove the ability to obtain some updates (although this is more hit or miss).

Interestingly, Telsa has NOT taken this approach with the Model 3, and allows these owners to continue to supercharge and obtain software updates (but not warranty service).

Spoken as someone that has gone WAY WAY WAY down the rebuilt rabbit hole, multiple times.

Tesla is know to shut off Supercharging access for rebuilt title cars, but historically it's been almost entirely S/X that get the shut off. And they also remove the ability to obtain some updates (although this is more hit or miss).

Interestingly, Telsa has NOT taken this approach with the Model 3, and allows these owners to continue to supercharge and obtain software updates (but not warranty service).

Spoken as someone that has gone WAY WAY WAY down the rebuilt rabbit hole, multiple times.
rebuild?

Reactions: Evoforce
To clarify some things. It does have the FSD software, but is limited to what that can do on 2.5 hardware, Tesla will not currently swap out the 2.5 for the 3.0 hardware so it won’t get everything feature wise.
Tesla turned off the supercharging ability for rebuild/salvage title model 3s late last year. There are some companies that can restore the supercharging ability, quote I got was from a shop in Ocala and was $1500.
It does receive all over the air updates and has app access, some people hack the software to restoring the supercharging and or unlock software features they didn’t pay for, but that will prevent any future updates and lose app access, going through the shop I mentioned it does not mess with any of that and just restores the supercharging.

Yes, agreed. What I am worried about is that they will start doing it with the 3 and the Y. They changed their policy many times regarding how they treated rebuilt/salvaged S and X over time... Been down the rabbit hole myself too! :). They are asking a lot of money for this unsupported car. Do I agree with how Tesla treats said vehicles? No.

Reactions: bkp_duke

There are people in the model 3 forum that report supercharging (and all fast charging ) being turned off. I just moved a multiple page thread to the tesla inc section. The thread is about "salvage" title, but the last poster in the thread just had his supercharging turned off, after 18 months, and I said "its likely because you have a salvage title" and their response was "I dont have a salvage title". Further posts in other threads by that member mentioned a "rebuilt" title not salvage.

Relevant, because I would imagine that other model 3s will also have that done eventually (model 3s with similar type titles).

To be fair, the poster has fully disclosed that the car has been rebuilt. I just wanted others to know what pitfalls a new owner will face with Tesla and unsupported vehicles such as this. I do not agree with Tesla and what they do to rebuilt/salvaged titled cars.

Last edited:

My Model 3 cannot use any DC Fast Charging, including and not limited to SuperChargers. So even Model 3 get hit on Rebuilts