Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low setting defroster for duration of commute?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving home from work on a rainy night and turned on the front defroster. The defroster would turn on at full blast and make the inside of the car really warm, so I turned it off. A few minutes later the windshield would fog up again and I'd have to turn the defroster on, then off since it would get really warm inside, and the whole cycle repeated. I tried playing with the temperature/vent/AC settings but could not find one that would leave the defroster on low so I can leave it on throughout my commute. Am I missing something or can anyone help me find an optimal way to use the defroster for an extended period of time? Thanks.

Reactions: Tomw8073
Go to the HVAC screen. Turn off "Auto" and "AC" and select uppermost seat icon with the up arrow. Turn off any other seat icon that may be on. Select fan speed and temperature sufficient for the purpose. Sometimes the AC may need to be turned back on if humidity inside car gets high.

I too have been fogging up. Usually I would push the front defrost button passing blue to red and it would blow hard. This was only tempory and would fog up again. Today I tried the button but on blue, it worked better and wasnt so loud.

Go to the HVAC screen. Turn off "Auto" and "AC" and select uppermost seat icon with the up arrow. Turn off any other seat icon that may be on. Select fan speed and temperature sufficient for the purpose. Sometimes the AC may need to be turned back on if humidity inside car gets high.
Thanks for the help...

With Chicago’s freezing rain/snow today, I really needed this