Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low speed rear-end collision last week....how long will it take to get parts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my X P100D for over two years without putting a scratch on it, and then last week a pickup truck clipped the right rear corner while I was waiting for traffic to clear to pull out onto a highway. The car was technically drivable (maybe not legally) so I had it flatbedded to a Tesla certified body shop in Tampa. Waiting for the estimate now, but the projected completion date is mid July. Anyone have recent experience with availability of parts from Tesla? They'll replace the right rear quarter panel, rear bumper, trunk hatch and right tail light. They also mentioned concern about the right falcon wing.

gerald.jpg

I've had my X P100D for over two years without putting a scratch on it, and then last week a pickup truck clipped the right rear corner while I was waiting for traffic to clear to pull out onto a highway. The car was technically drivable (maybe not legally) so I had it flatbedded to a Tesla certified body shop in Tampa. Waiting for the estimate now, but the projected completion date is mid July. Anyone have recent experience with availability of parts from Tesla? They'll replace the right rear quarter panel, rear bumper, trunk hatch and right tail light. They also mentioned concern about the right falcon wing.

View attachment 679223
It took me two months to get a windshield from Tesla recently. Best of luck with your repairs.

there is some silver lining to all of this...at least your body panels will be aligned once the body shop has finished!

That's ironic. My X has excellent body panel alignment, or at least it did. I have had several Tesla owners comment on that. I don't have the shudder, my display isn't turning yellow, and the Christmas dance has worked perfectly the last 4 times I've tried it. I guess I should knock on wood now.

I have been waiting for two months for a driver's side quarter panel on a 5 year old Tesla S. The latest information I received from Tesla did not have any date for shipping or receipt of the quarter panel. Good luck.

The insurance adjustor called yesterday, and said the body parts are shipped and scheduled for delivery next week. Once the shop receives them, they will begin to tear down the damaged parts on the car to assess any unseen damage. They estimate completion by the end of the 3rd week of July. We shall see.

The insurance adjustor called yesterday, and said the body parts are shipped and scheduled for delivery next week. Once the shop receives them, they will begin to tear down the damaged parts on the car to assess any unseen damage. They estimate completion by the end of the 3rd week of July. We shall see.
Glad to see there is some movement. Our BMW X3 got rear-ended a couple of years ago. $12K and 4 months later it was on the road. Just like your they did not disassemble the rear end until they had parts. Then they found additional damage and needed to order more parts which caused a second delay. These insurance companies nickel and dime the repair process.

Wow, I'm *still* waiting for my rear spoiler. It's been almost two months now! I gotta order parts from wherever your shop is ordering from.

Update. It's now September and the car is still in the shop. They called a week ago and said I could pick it up but they're still waiting on one part...I could bring it back in when the part arrives. I'm out of the area for a while so the car still sits there.
Sounds so much like my experience - kept waiting on the "one last part" for two months (per the shop, Tesla sent the wrong part), except it was related to the airbag, so going to pick up and wait on the part was a no-go.