Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low tire pressure warnings!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having this now for about 2 weeks now...

A. In the mornings, the low tire pressure comes on for the rear left tire - 22psi; all other tires are at 44 psi
B. After driving for about 0.5 miles, the tire pressure goes up to 26 psi; rear right tire now goes down to 20 psi!
C. I refill the tires (all 4) to 45 psi
D. Same thing happens next day!

Thoughts?

Do you have a tire pressure gauge? Check to see the actual PSI.

• If it is indeed dropping, take the car to the Service Center as you have a leak.
  • If it is not dropping, take the car to the Service Center as you have a problem with the TPMS or software.

Reactions: jmaddr
I am having a similar issue. TPMS says I have a flat in my right rear tire (I don't) as it fails to register ANY pressure. I changed out my TPMS with new ones twice and I still have the error. Going back to SC in a few days to get it sorted. :confused:

Nice! Did they provide a documentation in the invoice? If so, could you share? Thank you!

This is what was on the invoice - “Test drove vehicle and verified customers concern. Rear tires will occasionally swap positions on center display when driving. This concern is currently under investigation and will be addressed in a future firmware update. Verified all tire pressure monitoring sensors are reading correctly and et proper tire pressures. Vehicle ok to drive.”

Reactions: N1L CO2
This is what was on the invoice - “Test drove vehicle and verified customers concern. Rear tires will occasionally swap positions on center display when driving. This concern is currently under investigation and will be addressed in a future firmware update. Verified all tire pressure monitoring sensors are reading correctly and et proper tire pressures. Vehicle ok to drive.”
Thank you!!! I can cancel my service appt now and just wait for the next OTA update. I had a feeling this was some sort of a software glitch. My sensor reading has gone full circle since I first noticed the issue. First RR, then LR, then RF then back to RR. Now it just goes back and forth between RR and LR. :confused:

Same here. I am taking it in tomorrow. Will update after visit.

UPDATE: So I friggin' hate it when this happens. I am all set to go in for my appt tomorrow for the TPMS and guess what? Automagically, all the sensors are now working?! WTF? I don't know if I should be happy or what. I guess I am cancelling my appt but I would be pissed if it comes back after tomorrow and have to wait another 2 weeks for an appt. Thinking good thought and crossing my fingers. :(