Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LOW VIN!!! Should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please explain the noisy windshield comment. I have VIN #5977 with the Gen 1 seats, and while I think the Gen 2 seats are a bit more comfortable, I’m still happy with the Gen 1’s. I also know they’ve made some changes to the UV coatings in the roof and back glass, but this is the first I’ve heard of noisy windshields.?

The windshield was re-designed to substantially reduce wind noise at highway speeds. Tweet from the man himself: Twitter

The original complaint Musk was referring to: Tesla Model 3 Falls Short of a CR Recommendation

There are aftermarket solutions for the older vins: Model 3 Windshield Wind Noise Reduction Kit with mixed results

Google long enough and you'll find a few anecdotes of people driving new and old VIN vehicles and noticing a wind noise difference

The windshield was re-designed to substantially reduce wind noise at highway speeds. Tweet from the man himself: Twitter

The original complaint Musk was referring to: Tesla Model 3 Falls Short of a CR Recommendation

There are aftermarket solutions for the older vins: Model 3 Windshield Wind Noise Reduction Kit with mixed results

Google long enough and you'll find a few anecdotes of people driving new and old VIN vehicles and noticing a wind noise difference
Got it. Thank you for the links. I always thought the road noise was a bit high, but I wasn’t convinced the RPM kit would do the trick. Funny thing is I got a small crack/chip in my windshield a few weeks ago. Maybe it’d be worth having it replaced if it reduces the wind noise. Thanks again.

We take delivery (hopefully) on 9/28 for metallic blue LR black interior. VIN is 31,xxx so it’s low too. This is a 2nd Model 3, the first was delivered in January and was in 7xxx range. Will wait to see if there are any issues but Tesla fixed all I had with the 7xxx in January. Once we get it I will update what the born date is for the 31,xxx and any issues

We take delivery (hopefully) on 9/28 for metallic blue LR black interior. VIN is 31,xxx so it’s low too. This is a 2nd Model 3, the first was delivered in January and was in 7xxx range. Will wait to see if there are any issues but Tesla fixed all I had with the 7xxx in January. Once we get it I will update what the born date is for the 31,xxx and any issues
I’m happy with my 31k VIN. Positive note: you’ll have matching roof pieces with the same tint.

@Iroh

It’s true. There is a chance it could be a reject - maybe the previous match didn’t like the way the steering wheel smelled. But TBH if I was in your shoes, I would want someone to talk me down. There is a tendency to overthink things and obsess about worst-case eventualities around here.

Do your due diligence at pick-up, but odds are you will be in good shape!

Odd request: TM3 owners, please smell your steering wheel for me : teslamotors

Reactions: Iroh
@spesler

Thanks for replying back and entertaining my concerns.
This is a big purchase & has been a long wait (reserved 03/31/16) & Texas deliveries are extra complicated.
You're right, I just want(ed) to talk to someone about this.

I just got off the call with sales support and the person confirmed that this car was manufactured on July 31 & is already at my local SC.
On inquiring if it was assigned to another owner, I was told that it was not.
Delivery date is 09/27, I'll report back :)

• Informative
Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
Delivery date is 09/27, I'll report back
Got an email from my IDA:
"Our technicians are currently inspecting your HV battery and need a bit more time to finish their work.
We are confident you’ll be happily driving your new Tesla home as soon as they’ve finished their inspection process.
We have rescheduled your delivery for Friday, 09/28/2018 at 7:15 pm.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are making every effort to complete your vehicle's inspection as soon as possible so your delivery can proceed. "

The email was missing this picture...Darth's Deal

Anyways, I called the local SC and they claimed that the delivery is Saturday, 09/29/2018 at 7:15pm.
I mentioned the delivery reschedule email from my IDA and was put on hold, and a few seconds later was told that the appointment is indeed Friday, 09/28 at 7:15 pm.

I ordered my car on 17th August. Received call same evening saying car is ready. I live in EAST coast. I could not take the deliver because my loan was not ready and I was going on vacation for about 3 weeks. I came back and they assigned me VIN yesterday.

The VIN is 27k. Should I be worried?

Also, If I do take the deliver and this car was manufactured before August, will Tesla refund the extra 500 bucks that I paid for blue color which was 1k before August?

I'm picking mine up on Friday 9/28 and my VIN is 59xxx, and I was a little worried. But i guess if everything looks good, I'm ok with it.