Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Water Bridge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to this video, you can do some surface navigation. Future models will have full submarine capability ;-).
That a cool video but that water is in an underground tunnel doesn't seem like it has a current not a running creek/river I wouldn't want my car to swim in that, but I know better not to cross when it gets to deep unless these cars are a lot lighter than normal gas cars? I was mostly worried though about the bottom side being in water so at least now i know it can kind of handle it.

Even though its battery pack is sealed, it is not designed for submersion. Water current can breach the seal. Other connectors are not water proof...

The warrant doesn't cover it but as you can see that doesn't stop people driving their Tesla as if its a boat!
So the warranty wouldn't cover a city design road that is suppose to be submerge in water or is that for driving on flooded roads not design to be in water?

So the warranty wouldn't cover a city design road that is suppose to be submerge in water

Correct.

...or is that for driving on flooded roads not design to be in water?

Also correct.

----------

As long as there is water damage, Tesla might question where the water came from.

If you admit that you drove and dip your car in any depth of water, Tesla may have a cause to deny warranty coverage.

It's smart to claim that the car just got out of an automated car wash that sprayed from all angles from top to bottom.

However, Tesla is smart enough to look at forensic evidence and can dispute the claim of car wash sprays.

...I just wish...

It is not the end of the world.

An owner drove through a water puddle fine:

Tesla in rain | Tesla

And the car wouldn't start the next day.

To get it working again, it would cost $9930.00.

Tesla didn't cover it because of water puddle.

However, car insurance did.

So, everything came out fine.

Tesla is still young and inexperience in the area of waterproof the car for road water.

However, there have been Tesla cars that survive through swimming water fine because Tesla does a pretty good job in designing it but not to the point of getting an ISO certification and not to the point for warranty purpose.

Hopefully, someday Tesla warranty will cover for road water.