Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Xpel Ultimate quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the following Xpel Ultimate quote from a local authorized installer for our new Model X delivering later this week:

$1895 for the front end
extra $400 for parts and $200 for labor for the rest of the car ($2495 for the entire car)
$200 total for all 4 seatbacks

The seatback and full car costs seem way low. Their service manager quoted the prices and the Xpel install guy seemed knowledgeable, had the Xpel training, wraps his edges, has done 3 Model Xs and a bunch of Model Ss so far. Other quotes in my area are around $5500 for the entire car.

Thoughts?

That sounds like a fair price to me.

Are you sure you are understanding the quote correctly? Maybe the $400 in extra parts/materials and $200 in extra labor is for behind the wheels, the mirrors, A-pillars, rear bumper and other places on the car but not the entire car?

I just received the following Xpel Ultimate quote from a local authorized installer for our new Model X delivering later this week:

$1895 for the front end
extra $400 for parts and $200 for labor for the rest of the car ($2495 for the entire car)

The seatback and full car costs seem way low. Their service manager quoted the prices and the Xpel install guy seemed knowledgeable, had the Xpel training, wraps his edges, has done 3 Model Xs and a bunch of Model Ss so far. Other quotes in my area are around $5500 for the entire car.

Thoughts?

Hi Jbredz28,

The front end pricing is right on par for the industry average for a full front end. I would double check, as the 2495 for the rest of the car seems very low. You're talking 2/3rds more film and much more labor to wrap the rest of the vehicle (4 doors, roof, rockers, rear quarters, rear door, rear bumper, etc).

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

$1895 for the front end

Thoughts?

You're a little ways away, otherwise I would tell you to check out Clearbra Ohio near Cincinnati. They did 4 Teslas for me (3 MS and 1 MX) - awesome job on each. Might at least be worth checking out if you think you'd ever be down this way. Owner's name is Keith. PM me if you need contact info. Tell him Mike from Dayton said, "Hey!" I will most likely be contacting him soon myself to get my seat backs done in my MX.

Ask to see his work and check out his work area... a cheap clear bra install can be a nightmare.
I went with the cheap guy on a M6 , fortunately I stayed to watch the install and was able to stop them just as they were about to cut the pieces on the car! I few weeks later I ran into a guy that had his 911 done at the same place and they had made razor cuts all over the car.

All clear bras fail at some point, be it discoloring or damage so using a well established shop is well worth it in the long run.

$1895 for the front end

Thoughts?

See below quote I got from an authorized Tesla repair facility in Chicago - they have done multiple Teslas. Getting my MX 100D wrapped as soon as I pick up. No need to do seats ($1,065) as Tesla moved away from gloss backs as of 4/1!

You are way off on whole car price though!

Attachments

• IMG_7806.PNG
    IMG_7806.PNG
    623 KB · Views: 137
This is a very expensive shop. You don't need a Tesla authorized shop to install PPF. Just a shop that does a lot of Teslas. You can surely get a better deal if that's important.

See below quote I got from an authorized Tesla repair facility in Chicago - they have done multiple Teslas. Getting my MX 100D wrapped as soon as I pick up. No need to do seats ($1,065) as Tesla moved away from gloss backs as of 4/1!

You are way off on whole car price though!

I just had XPEL Ultimate installed in Chicago on my Model X , they did the full hood , side mirrors , A bars , fenders done by Midwest Autobhand in Chicago ... they do the install at the Chicago Collectors Garage. Reasonably priced at $1400 + tax. I would recommend them in Chicago.

"$1895 for the front end
$200 total for all 4 seatbacks"

Hi Jbredz28,

The front end pricing is right on par for the industry average for a full front end. I would double check, as the 2495 for the rest of the car seems very low. You're talking 2/3rds more film and much more labor to wrap the rest of the vehicle (4 doors, roof, rockers, rear quarters, rear door, rear bumper, etc).

1895 + 400 + 200 = 2495. Think you misunderstood when he said 2495 for the entire car.

Reactions: WattsSon