Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lower 90% charge with 40.2.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody seeing lower overall mileage being displayed on 40.2.1? I've had a 90% charge at 279 miles since I've owned my M3P+ but since the 40.2.1 update it shows 275.
I am not sure if this is directly applicable but I had a long distance trip today so I set it to charge to 100%. It was at 309 miles with another 35 minutes left of charging when I had to stop charging and leave.
MP3+. Just installed 40.2.1 last night.

I am not sure if this is directly applicable but I had a long distance trip today so I set it to charge to 100%. It was at 309 miles with another 35 minutes left of charging when I had to stop charging and leave.
MP3+. Just installed 40.2.1 last night.

Worst time to unplug. 100% always takes a long time. Don't choose it unless you can let it finish.

Why is that the worst time? Can you explain?
I was planning on letting it finish but the time to completion kept getting longer and I couldn’t wait any longer and had to stop charging and leave.
Had another trip this morning and I charged to 100% and it did finish charging before leaving.
Both days, it was down to about 12-13% before supercharging.