Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lower area of drivers windshield wiper gets no spray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
The Model X incorporates washer jets directly into the wiper itself, however, I don't see any wiper fluid being spread in the lower 1/3 or 1/2 of the drivers side windshield area. It seems to stay dry. I had some light dirt down there and it couldn't even get wet or removed. I showed this to the Tesla service manager. When he checked into it he said other Xs did the same so it is working as designed but opened up a question with engineering.

IMHO, it is a pretty bad oversight right in front of the driver. Winter weather in Chicagoland and else where with dirty water coming up from tires in front of you often needs to be washed with wiper fluid.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ht0ux9T.png
Ht0ux9T.png

Not my video but this is where I got the graphic. I may try my own video when I get my X back from some service tomorrow (some due bill issues and a few others).

one of the items on the Model X "check list" informs owners to bring a pin to adjust the washer nozzels. They may be just aimed too high.
Not sure I follow. They are embedded in the windshield wipers. They are not at the end of the hood / bottom of windshield aiming up at the glass.

I see very little coming out of the drivers wiper. In fact, I see liquid running down the drivers side front window :) :)

This was the only problem I had when I brought my X back to my SC after 2 weeks after delivery. They said it was a kinked wiper line which they fixed in less than a minute. It is still not perfect because as I am driving the fluid tends to flow up the windshield so it never gets down to the bottom of the window but it is noticeably better and there is more fluid that comes out when I press the button. The other thing is you have to press the button fully and hold it to get enough fluid out.

This was the only problem I had when I brought my X back to my SC after 2 weeks after delivery. They said it was a kinked wiper line which they fixed in less than a minute. It is still not perfect because as I am driving the fluid tends to flow up the windshield so it never gets down to the bottom of the window but it is noticeably better and there is more fluid that comes out when I press the button. The other thing is you have to press the button fully and hold it to get enough fluid out.
Thanks for that. I may bring that up when I take mine in for some "due bill" (punch list) items. I have a slow motion camera that I should use to demonstrate it.