Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

lower ball joint kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ball joints won't improve handling putting in lower springs would probably make the most difference in handling for hard cornering. Stiffer struts would help I doubt they exist though for the model s the cheapest easiest thing will be the springs. As long as you don't have air suspension.

When the Model S came out, I was told by the Service Center Manager at one of the sites that the Model S used the steering rack from a Land Rover. He said this came right from the factory when they had a Service Manager's meeting.

Ball joints won't improve handling putting in lower springs would probably make the most difference in handling for hard cornering. Stiffer struts would help I doubt they exist though for the model s the cheapest easiest thing will be the springs. As long as you don't have air suspension.

Ball joints improve handling because they often are used in place of rubber bushings, which deflect. Ball joints are better at maintaining fixed lengths within a geometry. Both camber and toe can be affected by rubber bushings that get loaded up in cornering. A common reason ball joints aren't used more often is because they take abuse, rather than absorb it.

Ball joints improve handling because they often are used in place of rubber bushings, which deflect. Ball joints are better at maintaining fixed lengths within a geometry. Both camber and toe can be affected by rubber bushings that get loaded up in cornering. A common reason ball joints aren't used more often is because they take abuse, rather than absorb it.

Did Tesla switch to ball joints tho?

All cars on the road today have ball joints it is what allows the knuckle to pivot when the wheel is turned some cars have upper and lower but all cars on the road today have ball joints. No bushing could do what a balljoint does. While in a racing application it will be a more robust balljoint it will not improve handling. When you go to the tesla store and they have that chassis there you can clearly see the ball joints if you know what you are looking at. They will not improve handling.