Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

--- Lower Bumper/Side-skirts ---

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Longtime lurker, first time thread starter, lol. A little background on me. I watched Tesla build the West LA store from the studs up literally from my office across the alley way. I've had the privilege of being able to see things before most, like the S concept which was brought in for investors. I didn't think they would actually pull this off, but I was gladly proved wrong and am very impressed with the final production model.

Now onto my question. The side-skirts and lower portions of the bumpers are contrasted in black. I had an Eclipse GSX back in the 90's that had the same contrast, which I am not a fan of. My question is, is the lower strip area an actual separate piece of the bumper, or is it all one piece and just painted in two colors? The GSX was the latter which required respraying the whole bumper to 'fix' what the factory/designers did.

CONGRATS TO TESLA! WELL DONE! :love:

I believe the lower bumpers and side skirts are separate pieces, although the side skirts may be integrated into the carrier assembly for the battery and includes the integrated chrome strips underneath the doors...

Personally, I like the unpainted look. Those areas are prone to scraping anyways.