Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lower range after last M3 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After latest Tesla 3 software update a few days ago, it seems that my typical range has gone down from about 350 to under 300. It seems that maybe they reversed an earlier update a few months ago that increased the range. I am driving the same places at the same speed. Is Tesla concerned about battery life?

After latest Tesla 3 software update a few days ago, it seems that my typical range has gone down from about 350 to under 300. It seems that maybe they reversed an earlier update a few months ago that increased the range. I am driving the same places at the same speed. Is Tesla concerned about battery life?

Are you trying to say:

1) The battery gauge used to display 350 miles but now it can only display under 300 miles?

2) You used to be able to drive 350 actual miles but now you can only actually drive under 300 miles?

Anyhow, the range is easily manipulated.

I think the EPA test shows that Model 3 could do more than 310 miles but Tesla wanted to officially set it as 310.

Tesla Model 3 actually has 334 miles of range according to EPA data