TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lower regen in most recent update?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by DITB, May 2, 2015.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I heard that regen should have been lowered in the latest release.

Maybe just the onset of regen, ie more docile engagement for comfort?

Haven't tried it myself yet - just wondering if driving dynamics for regen were changed.

If so - would have been nice with a warning if the car after an update suddenly is less aggressive on slowing down.

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Don't think there was change. And if there was or is, many of us want more not less.

3. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

Mine shows down to the usual 60 kW - and I totally agree: Could it be more, it would be better. On a steeper downhill, and a traffic light up ahead changing to red, it's inevitable to use the brakes on top of regen.

As I wrote - wasn't me but a local Hong Kong owner who says he almost crashed because regen didn't kick in as he expected. Maybe his car has a specific problem (Tesla Motors is on the case)

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Absolutely no change in regen characteristics for me...

5. Kalud

Kalud Member

Never had any change in regen for the last 1.5 years of ownership and multiple updates from 4.x to 5.x and now on 6.2 (2.4.188).

But EVERY single time a new firmware update is out at least one person claims to feel a change.