Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lower tire pressure on Gemini 19s

asaulo1

Mar 2, 2021
California
Having had the MY for over 2k miles, I feel the ride is quite harsh especially over broken pavement and not so smooth roads. Was wondering what tire pressure I should lower my Gemini 19s to for a more compliant ride. They’re currently set to 44 psi which is what it came from the factory with. Cheers.

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
Tesla recommends 42psi, not 44psi. I've tried everything from 38psi up to 45psi. I don't notice an appreciable difference in harshness with any of these pressures.

Reactions: asaulo1

threeputts

Dec 14, 2020
Minnesota
Last time my Y was in the service center they pumped them up to 45. I could tell as soon as I started driving home. I lowered them back to 42 and can definitely tell the difference. May be tire dependent - I'm running Vredestien Qatracs.

Reactions: asaulo1

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC