Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered and wider tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to put 275/35/21 on the front and 295/35/21 in the rear on my MYP.

Also looking to drop the car using springs not coilovers about 1-1.5 inches.

I have seen posts about the tire setup clearing no problem, but nothing with it also dropped. Is there anyone that can provide their experience if the tires will clear and no rubbing?

Pictures for reference would also be great!!!

MYP dropped 1” on UPP springs, but still on stock tire sizes. When the fronts are spent, I’ll certainly go up to 265 or 275 width for the fronts.
DA512553-00B5-4A89-B449-002928854DE3.jpeg

I’ve only hit the belly/battery pack once or twice and I knew it was coming. It wasn’t terrible, just a lil bump which all cars are designed to do.

Front bumper can often nudge/wedge into curb stops or tall curbs but it’s not hard to avoid. I’ve always had lowered cars so this is just normal driving for me.

Reactions: ebartolome
I’ve only hit the belly/battery pack once or twice and I knew it was coming. It wasn’t terrible, just a lil bump which all cars are designed to do.

Front bumper can often nudge/wedge into curb stops or tall curbs but it’s not hard to avoid. I’ve always had lowered cars so this is just normal driving for me.
Thanks for the info. I currently have a lowered BMW 335i. That hits everything,lol. I guess a crossover shouldn’t be too bad.

I don’t think the MYP suspension is bad at all. Coming from a BMW where the suspension is stiff and I feel everything on the road. I guess I’m use to it when you purchase something sporty.
Oh I didn’t say it was bad for me lol. I don’t mind at all :) but generally speaking it’s on the sportier harder side of suspensions