Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered my car this morning with adjustable links: Key steps that ensure precision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way to adjust front camber, but the front stays pretty level when lowering.

BUT!!!!

There IS a way to adjust the rear camber. A small shop called EV Tuning has a product that turns your factory rear control arms into camber adjusters, by replacing one of the bushings with an eccentric bushing.

The SC would not notice this change, so no worries there. And you can adjust put up to 1 degree of camber. I’m lowered almost 2 inches, and it got me back into factory specs.

Adjustable Rear Camber Bushings for Tesla Model S and Model X

He has videos online regarding how to install it, and even includes a tool to press out the factory bushing.

How are your tires handling the lowered stance, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to adjust for the increased negative camber associated with the lower stance?

there’s a kit you can buy that replaces the inner bushing on your rear control arms into an eccentric bolt, giving you a few degrees of adjustability. I got mine down to -1.5 deg with room to spare, but you don’t want to go much more neutral than that or it’ll be squirrelly.

You have to get an alignment after you install them, and it may raise the rear end about half an inch, so lowering links might be a good idea too (or Tesla can reset the ride height for $95)

With the camber adjustment, I haven’t had any issue with abnormal wear.