Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered P3D= on Eibach's, need advice on alignment issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I apologize in advance if this question has been answered explicitly somewhere. I have done a bit of searching these past 2 days and couldn't get a definitive answer.

I had Eibach Pro-kit springs installed, the car pulls to the right. The installer said they could not get an adjustment made to straighten the car out given what was available on the otherwise stock vehicle.

I am not sure which components to get to straighten the car out. I hope this is not going to turn into an insanely expensive ordeal.

Attached are the alignment machine specs. Note the drastic deviation in caster from left to right, and slight deviation of camber. If anyone can perhaps point me in the right direction on what to do or buy, that would be helpful and I appreciate your time.

P.S. Ignore the description on the printout that says Model S.

Thanks!

I’m reading it a little differently. I think the 5.95 and 5.99 are the caster numbers, within spec. It appears to me that the -1.55 and -0.34 are for the front camber settings. I think your front left camber is out of spec and it’s why the diagram is showing the tire leaning in. There isn’t any front camber adjustment which is probably what your shop is referring to. This can cause your car to pull like you mention. Did your shop notice any damaged parts on your car?

The front camber can be adjusted. The four bolts on the top of the FUCA mount can be loosened (13mm and 15mm bolts) then the FUCA can be moved around slightly. Additionally, the two 21mm bolts on the lower arm (attached to the bottom of the strut) can be loosened and the arm can be moved around. Should be able to get enough out of those adjustments to resolve.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I just took it to a shop that specializes in Teslas. They are able to diagnose and will adjust, here is the printout. The new settings they dialed in are helping but the car still pulls slightly to the right, not as bad as before. What do you think about this?

The front camber can be adjusted. The four bolts on the top of the FUCA mount can be loosened (13mm and 15mm bolts) then the FUCA can be moved around slightly. Additionally, the two 21mm bolts on the lower arm (attached to the bottom of the strut) can be loosened and the arm can be moved around. Should be able to get enough out of those adjustments to resolve.
It took me a minute to understand that FUCA was front upper control arms. That makes sense, I had previously read that there was no adjustment on the front for camber, it’s good to hear that’s not the case. I have coil overs in order so I haven’t even looked under the car yet.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I just took it to a shop that specializes in Teslas. They are able to diagnose and will adjust, here is the printout. The new settings they dialed in are helping but the car still pulls slightly to the right, not as bad as before. What do you think about this?

your image isn’t showing up right now.

Hey guys thanks. I am running consistent pressure in all tires and the pull feels quite a bit more drastic than could be tire pressure or tire wear. However i will try to swap the tires left to right, im not anticipating this will solve it.

Does anyone know if the electronic steering needs to be recalibrated?