Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering 1/2" with Ohlins, what size rims? 20? 21? 9, 9.5 or 10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still so confused on rim/size tire. I have a white telsa with the ohlin coil overs being installed today. stock tires were 19" , I want luxury ride with good looks balance. I was looking at the Vossen HF-3s Introducing the Vossen HF-3 Wheel I've called a few places but everyone has different advice.

If I go 20", do I go 9, 9.5 or 10" width? What about offset? I want it flush with the fenders, but I also want less chance of curb rash.

CAn anyone help me figure this out? I don't want to have a huge impact on mileage or ride. I think 21" will be too rough? Square or staggered? This was interesting setup
he did a deeper concave for rear but kept it square so he can rotate tires. But in comments he recommended for the Y, staggered.

thanks

I have the Ohlins kit on my Model Y LR and I had the installer Raise my car by 0.40". I currently have the Gemini 19's with 275/45R19. However I have a set of Volk wheels on order and they will be 34 offset 19" X 9.5. My grandson almost died when I didn't take his advice to you with the 20" rims. He say eventually the 19" are going to have less tire options in the future. So, tires for the 20's will be cheaper in the long run. Anyway, if I was ordering today I probably would get the 20's with 9" instead of 9.5.

20" lowers ride quality. You can go wider if you want more cornering grip. 10" is good for a 255mm wide tire. 9.5 is 235 or 245mm and 9 is 225m, You can always go a bit above or below, but it will impact ride and handling. Wider may rub, too, depending on the offset. Also the best offset will vary some by width. Go square unless you love understeeer.

I ended up getting the 275/40/20 bridgestone Alenza AS ultra Alenza AS Ultra | Bridgestone Tires and lowering it 3/4" up front and 1/2" in the rear and adjusting the free length instead of any compression. Wow, night and day. I'm running the tires at 40psi. they feel great, quiet, definitely more comfy than the stock continental 19". rims I got were 26.7lbs (not sure what stock gemini are). i'll post pics

Reactions: mdsco
PXL_20220527_225939236.PORTRAIT.jpg