Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering a M3P = what height causes shock and camber issues, and bottoming out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
like many I hate the wheel gap, but curious for those lowered already, at what height would you worry about camber issues, shocks getting messed up, and bottoming out? I haven't driven a lowered car since college, hesitant to do it, but the gap is just so awful on these cars! Also curious if coilovers help with the camber issue or are just better quality than springs only?

You don't have to worry much about camber unless you're crazy low on these cars. There are suspension arms to correct this if need be.
I highly advise going with coilovers because the factory shock travel is extremely short. As shown below:

AhhAku9.jpeg

You'll end up riding on bump stops constantly which results in a harsher ride and worst handling.

Message us, we have options for you.
Danny

Reactions: vogz
I run the MPP Sport Coilovers just a couple millimeters under MPPs recommended height and have had zero issues bottoming out and no rubbing at all with factory wheels and spacers. Also no camber issues. This pic was last summer. I have since dropped the front a couple more MM to even out with the back. Will never go back.View attachment 652057

Your car looks great! I hope you enjoy the suspension for many years to come :)

Reactions: TESTI
I run the MPP Sport Coilovers just a couple millimeters under MPPs recommended height and have had zero issues bottoming out and no rubbing at all with factory wheels and spacers. Also no camber issues. This pic was last summer. I have since dropped the front a couple more MM to even out with the back. Will never go back.View attachment 652057
14/20mm spacer? Looking real good!

Your car looks great! I hope you enjoy the suspension for many years to come :)
Thank you! I absolutely love the coilovers! Went a couple clicks stiffer than your recommended street settings this springs when I threw on the summer tires and WOW. Still a pretty compliant ride, but it is razor sharp now and even more fun in the curves.
Beautiful car!

Thank you!

Reactions: MountainPass