Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering a Model S with adaptive suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this possible to do, and if so, how? I have a Model S Raven and if you’re wondering why I would want to lower it, it’s because for some reason the Raven adaptive suspension Model S has a larger gap in the wheel well in the front than the back. It looks really odd. My prior Model S was a 2017 long range with the same 21 inch wheels and the way the car sat was perfect.

why is there such a large gap in the wheel well in the front of these Raven Model S?

I had the Unplugged Performance brackets on my car. Car looked incredible, but unfortunately was too big of a drop. It was about a 2 inch drop. I did it for the same reason on the Raven as it does sit higher than prior models. But, after installing them, was bottoming out all the time. Finally had to take them off. If I didn't use my car for work, I would have left them on, but many times I don't have a choice of the roads I have to take and there were just too many spots where I would high-center it. It also bottomed out quite often on the freeway too. I spoke with them, unfortunately it's the only version they make. I told them that brackets that did a drop of about 1 inch would be perfect. As of yet, I don't think it's an option. I'll reconsider them if they offer something in that range.

Tesla dropping the top speed of "Very High" setting to under 15 MPH was also a contributing factor. Before that, I could go at least 35 and make them work. But, 15 MPH was just too low with my particular every day driving needs.

I had the Unplugged Performance brackets on my car. Car looked incredible, but unfortunately was too big of a drop. It was about a 2 inch drop. I did it for the same reason on the Raven as it does sit higher than prior models. But, after installing them, was bottoming out all the time. Finally had to take them off. If I didn't use my car for work, I would have left them on, but many times I don't have a choice of the roads I have to take and there were just too many spots where I would high-center it. It also bottomed out quite often on the freeway too. I spoke with them, unfortunately it's the only version they make. I told them that brackets that did a drop of about 1 inch would be perfect. As of yet, I don't think it's an option. I'll reconsider them if they offer something in that range.

Tesla dropping the top speed of "Very High" setting to under 15 MPH was also a contributing factor. Before that, I could go at least 35 and make them work. But, 15 MPH was just too low with my particular every day driving needs.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think Unplugged does in fact make the lowering brackets for a 1 inch drop now and I think I’ll be doing this. I’ll post some pictures when done. What are you driving now?

just get the lowering links from @N2itive they are better than other companies ones because they have tic marks and make adjusting them to all be exactly the same length easy. And install was quick and easy too, also they are adjustable so if the car still sits to high or you went too low for your preference of looks you can simply adjust them a bit easily without removing them from the car.
I installed the links at the same time I installed their camber and toe arms, definitely worth the price. They (the lowering links) are $345 but if you buy them from @EV-Fixme it should be cheaper.