Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering an M3P stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I've had her for since november 2019. Thinking I'm gonna drop it a decent amount. I was looking at the UP moderates, not sure if they would even work for the stealth since they seem to jump to the UP super performance if you select m3p but moderate if you do LR AWD. So obviously it's p motors but 18's and lrawd suspension and brakes.

Input need on this spring/dro height and if going to a coilover is the only way to avoid messing up the camber

Also considering the bc racing coilovers since they seem to have a reputation as a decent priced system.

I'm not going to be tracking it at all, literally just looking for a lower ride height for aesthetics, efficiency, etc. I don't want to go low enough to scrape every curb. also probably going to upgrade to the pilot sport 4s as well and i really don't want to chew through those by not being able to adjust the camber.

From my experience, either go UP springs or MPP coilovers, depending on your budget. BC coilovers are just eBay garbage with a brand name. I’ve had the UP moderate and low springs and I’m currently running MPP comfort adjustable coilovers.

I have the stealth. Definitely get suspension/brake parts for LR AWD instead of performance, since you have the standard suspension (motors don’t matter in this case, since it’s just a software tune).

Coilovers won’t prevent changes in camber at all. If you’re just driving it on streets, you don’t need to worry too much unless you’re slamming the car. If you do care about the camber difference, you’ll need to get aftermarket camber arms (MPP, UP, and SPL all make them), but I don’t think it’s needed at all unless you’re actually tracking the car.

From my experience, either go UP springs or MPP coilovers, depending on your budget. BC coilovers are just eBay garbage with a brand name. I’ve had the UP moderate and low springs and I’m currently running MPP comfort adjustable coilovers.

How do these compare? I have the UP milds and they are better than stock and worth it. Are MPP comfort coilovers much better than UP springs on the street? I image they are on the track but first I wonder about daily driving.

Also considering the ohlins/redwood ones but the price is really high...

Hi guys, I've had her for since november 2019. Thinking I'm gonna drop it a decent amount. I was looking at the UP moderates, not sure if they would even work for the stealth since they seem to jump to the UP super performance if you select m3p but moderate if you do LR AWD. So obviously it's p motors but 18's and lrawd suspension and brakes.

Input need on this spring/dro height and if going to a coilover is the only way to avoid messing up the camber

Also considering the bc racing coilovers since they seem to have a reputation as a decent priced system.

I'm not going to be tracking it at all, literally just looking for a lower ride height for aesthetics, efficiency, etc. I don't want to go low enough to scrape every curb. also probably going to upgrade to the pilot sport 4s as well and i really don't want to chew through those by not being able to adjust the camber.
MPP coils are way better than springs. If you are not tracking the car, you can get the comfort coilovers. One can definitely feel the difference. Also, the stance of the car (when lowered to your liking) is unbeatable.
99452D53-E616-495E-8710-8AF33FED5D6D.jpeg

Why though? The whole point of the stealth performance is to get the speed without the compromises from the 20 in tires and lower, etc.
I got the stealth because the value of chosing my own performance models with the $5k was better than what tesla was offering. So its better for tuners or better for those in the position you mentioned