Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering kit for a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did it last month. Looks so mean. Getting new rims soon so mind the 20's. I plastidipped all the chrome myself to give it a stealthier look and tinted my windows dark. lowers it by an inch or so. It was worth every penny. View attachment 263939View attachment 263940
how long did you extend the linkages? i don't want my wheels tucked but i was it just below the wheel wells. i read each turn is 5mm of drop

I've since decided not to lower my MX. Instead, I had the alignment adjusted while in the VERY LOW setting and figured I'd drive around like that for a while to see if I could live with the wheel gap being not great, but better. I was very pleased (and surprised) at how close to OEM alignment specs they were able to get even in that lowest setting. It's been 3-months now and I no longer have plans to lower it.

Since it's been many months how has your tire wear held up?

Since it's been many months how has your tire wear held up?
I just swapped my summer tires for winters on Friday and tire wear was very even. It’s only been a couple months though.

As an update to my decision a few months back to stick with OEM Very Low instead of Unplugged lowering brackets...I have changed my mind. Still looking for a more tucked look. I ordered the brackets last weekend.

A970FD2C-1306-4D5E-8569-1B14FDD1E6ED.jpeg
My tire wear is good after having it lowered for more than 3 months/5000+ launches and speeds that are quite illegal. Worth $500 and i drive in low and park in very low. Getting 22s next week

I've since decided not to lower my MX. Instead, I had the alignment adjusted while in the VERY LOW setting and figured I'd drive around like that for a while to see if I could live with the wheel gap being not great, but better. I was very pleased (and surprised) at how close to OEM alignment specs they were able to get even in that lowest setting. It's been 3-months now and I no longer have plans to lower it.
I had the kit installed from In2uitive and it comes with the lowering lings along with new camber and tow arms for the rear and fully aligns at any lower height!