Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering on H&R Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone replaced the springs on their MS themselves?

Since my car does not have the factory air suspension I will be replacing the stock springs with the H&R springs and a camber kit for the rear.

I have a few questions for those DIYers.

Can you provide any tips, tricks, or things to look out for?

Is it similar to replacing springs on an ICE car? Because I've done that myself.

I have an European indy shop that did work on my previous BMWs and Audis. Would you trust a shop like that to do a job like this? They've never worked on a Tesla or an EV for that matter. I know these guys pretty well and trust their work but we are talking about a Tesla...

My other option is Electrified Garage here in FL a few hours away.

I welcome your thoughts and feedback.

Has anyone replaced the springs on their MS themselves?

Since my car does not have the factory air suspension I will be replacing the stock springs with the H&R springs and a camber kit for the rear.

I have a few questions for those DIYers.

Can you provide any tips, tricks, or things to look out for?

Is it similar to replacing springs on an ICE car? Because I've done that myself.

I have an European indy shop that did work on my previous BMWs and Audis. Would you trust a shop like that to do a job like this? They've never worked on a Tesla or an EV for that matter. I know these guys pretty well and trust their work but we are talking about a Tesla...

My other option is Electrified Garage here in FL a few hours away.

I welcome your thoughts and feedback.
Doesn’t seem like this is a very popular mod, although you’d think it would be. I suppose most people that are going to Mod their MS go with the sport air suspension from the factory. I too am looking for a lowering kit option for the non-air suspension model S, but haven’t had much luck finding options.

Doesn’t seem like this is a very popular mod, although you’d think it would be. I suppose most people that are going to Mod their MS go with the sport air suspension from the factory. I too am looking for a lowering kit option for the non-air suspension model S, but haven’t had much luck finding options.
Evtuning.com has the springs and I'm waiting on the camber kit production from them. There isn't even a YouTube video on how to install lowering springs on an S.

I didn’t do them myself, but I went for these as well on my old 2015 P85D and have some info; since when I was looking into doing it, there was SO little information on it.

I had an approved Tesla shop do it, and even they were confused by what I wanted to do, but afterwards they told me it was a simple swap from stock to the new springs.

I will say this. After they were installed there was an awful speaking on acceleration when ambient temps were under 45 degrees. I don’t know if it was the spring, or another component of the suspension, so just be totally certain everything is down to spec when reassembling.

I was very happy with the drop and stance.

Attachments

• CED8D218-9FA3-4D74-BD32-3EA0ED072153.jpeg
    CED8D218-9FA3-4D74-BD32-3EA0ED072153.jpeg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 141
  • C2976530-F0AD-47E5-A0EB-B5B844B33C39.jpeg
    C2976530-F0AD-47E5-A0EB-B5B844B33C39.jpeg
    909.6 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: SCharged
Tesla suspension is very similar to Mercedes - so if you've worked on German vehicles before you're probably good.

Other than the battery and drivetrain, it's just a normal car. Normal hubs, brakes, suspension, etc. You will likely need to rent spring compressors from autozone, but that's really it.