Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs for 2021 M3P

Which Springs

• Eibach

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Unplugged Performance

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tsportline

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have a 2021 Model 3 Performance that should be here by the end of the month. I have read through different threads but have not been able to find what I am looking for so I thought I would post. I would like to lower the M3P with lowering springs vs switching to a full coilover (less expensive alternative). The car will be for commuting to and from work and I like the look with the springs. The 3 springs I am considering are Eibach, Unplugged Performance as well Tsportline. Eibach seem pretty new so I have not seen much about them. Unplugged seem to have mixed reviews and Tsportline I have not seen much at all so maybe no news is good news?

Any feedback would be appreciated and also if anyone has pictures of a lowered M3P feel free to post : ) Thank you!

Reactions: rrfitness
I have Eibach, feels a lot like stock maybe a little stiffer. I've only had mine a few hundred miles but so far so good.

IMG_8262.jpg

I wold vote for H&R but don’t see it listed. I’ve had mine for about 12k miles and love them. They look great and marginally improved the handling (though coil-overs will control the suspension a bit better if that’s what you are after).

Your car looks great.

I have Eibach, feels a lot like stock maybe a little stiffer. I've only had mine a few hundred miles but so far so good.
Awesome and thanks for the feedback!

These are what I went with:

Install was super easy, and I'm pretty happy with them. I was expecting the rear to sit slightly lower though. I might take the rear out and trim the lower rubber mount a bit to bring it down.

Here's the height measuring from my fender to the wheel lip before and days after install:
1633978314417.png

The only reason I didn't go with Unplugged was because I read about clunking noises.
The only reason I didn't go with Eibach as a secondary option was because they were out of stock for weeks and I was impatient.
TSportLine answered my phone call, had them in stock, and had them to my house in three days.

As for performance, I was maxing out at 1.1G lateral on stock. Same parking lot, similar temp day, I hit 1.4g laterally once. I also have beat on them and I'm really impressed with how well they pair with the stock shocks. I'm not trying to race this thing, just make it look nice and drive well.

I'm really happy with them all around.

1633978663336.png

1633978720805.png

1633978754164.png

1633978779201.png

1633978814822.png

1633978875568.png

That's a stock '21 LR in white.

Good luck OP!

Install was super easy, and I'm pretty happy with them. I was expecting the rear to sit slightly lower though. I might take the rear out and trim the lower rubber mount a bit to bring it down.

Here's the height measuring from my fender to the wheel lip before and days after install:
View attachment 720273

The only reason I didn't go with Unplugged was because I read about clunking noises.
The only reason I didn't go with Eibach as a secondary option was because they were out of stock for weeks and I was impatient.
TSportLine answered my phone call, had them in stock, and had them to my house in three days.

As for performance, I was maxing out at 1.1G lateral on stock. Same parking lot, similar temp day, I hit 1.4g laterally once. I also have beat on them and I'm really impressed with how well they pair with the stock shocks. I'm not trying to race this thing, just make it look nice and drive well.

Good luck OP!
Thank you for the information and your car looks great! To me these lowered cars looks like OEM!

Reactions: CorneliusRox

View attachment 720273

View attachment 720276
View attachment 720277
View attachment 720278
View attachment 720279
View attachment 720280
View attachment 720282

Good luck OP!
Looks OEM Plus and I love it. Do you happen to be running spacers?

Reactions: CorneliusRox
Looks OEM Plus and I love it. Do you happen to be running spacers?
Thanks! I've since moved to 255/35r20 tires and run 15mm rear spacers. I think it's pretty perfect.

1641925077576.png

1641925092216.png

I've had vehicles on coilovers in the past and ones much lower than this. What I really like about this height is the simplicity and the fact that I never scrape/bottom out on anything.

Thanks! I've since moved to 255/35r20 tires and run 15mm rear spacers. I think it's pretty perfect.

View attachment 754636
View attachment 754637

I've had vehicles on coilovers in the past and ones much lower than this. What I really like about this height is the simplicity and the fact that I never scrape/bottom out on anything.
Looks great..are you running spacers on the front as well?

I was considering UP Mild springs, and had a set on order, but after seeing the reviews I'm hesitant and leaning towards the Eibach kit instead. I've been told that for anything that lowers the car more than 1inch would require camber arms too, in order not to trash the tires. Is that the case?

I was considering UP Mild springs, and had a set on order, but after seeing the reviews I'm hesitant and leaning towards the Eibach kit instead. I've been told that for anything that lowers the car more than 1inch would require camber arms too, in order not to trash the tires. Is that the case?
I was going to go with UP springs as well, but they weren't in stock and I read about a clunky noise issue. I've been really happy with these though.
In terms of camber and lowering a car, it's all dependent on the suspension details. This car doesn't seem to produce a lot of camber when it droops. Likely they designed it this way since CG is so low? Who knows. Anyways, I haven't had any wear issues.

I talked to MPP and they said if you are doing 1.2” or less camber does not really need adjustment. If you go more aggressive you will need to add aftermarket camber adjustment parts as the stock parts do not allow for it.

Now if you are tracking your car the you likely want the adjustment capabilities but that’s another story.

I was going to go with UP springs as well, but they weren't in stock and I read about a clunky noise issue. I've been really happy with these though.
In terms of camber and lowering a car, it's all dependent on the suspension details. This car doesn't seem to produce a lot of camber when it droops. Likely they designed it this way since CG is so low? Who knows. Anyways, I haven't had any wear issues.
Thank you, that is really reassuring to hear :)

I talked to MPP and they said if you are doing 1.2” or less camber does not really need adjustment. If you go more aggressive you will need to add aftermarket camber adjustment parts as the stock parts do not allow for it.

Now if you are tracking your car the you likely want the adjustment capabilities but that’s another story.
Thank you :)

X2, if tracking, you'll want camber or you'll 1) be giving up traction and lap times, and 2) really beat on your tires since they'll get really hot on the outside edge and likely start to fail.

Aftermarket upper control arms for camber adjustment on our cars...
IMO there are no good options. I have seen the ones out there and they are not set up for corrosion protection like an OEM component, and they put a lot of sheer stress into bolts. Hopefully Moog will start making some at some point, but these are the type I used to use on my Audi's and was always really happy with them:

Another thing to note is if you change camber, you'll need to touch on your toe as well. Really it's a pain to switch back and forth all the time, but if you get serious about tracking your car, you'll either need to or make it a dedicated track car. This is why so many people buy cheap Miata's and stuff like that so they can make them dedicated track cars and not break the bank.
Anyways, that's my two cents.

Reactions: kimi
@CorneliusRox For what it's worth, when I was occasionally tracking my daily driver years ago (figure 5-6 HPDE/year and 10k-15k summer miles/year), I was able to find one alignment setup that reasonably balanced inner vs outer tread wear, using the same RE-11 tires for summer street + track. Got a surprising amount of miles out per set of those, they really handled the mix of street and track day use well, including the wide temperature range.

I'm sure a purely track-focused alignment could've given me a bit more grip, but I wasn't racing and there were much bigger fish to focus on for improving my lap times! (Like my driving, and also oil temps were an issue on that car on hotter days...)

Last edited:

View attachment 720273

View attachment 720276
View attachment 720277
View attachment 720278
View attachment 720279
View attachment 720280
View attachment 720282

Good luck OP!
What mud flaps are those on your car? The ebay ones?

Wow, that looks amazing! Your posts are __not__ helping me to not lower mine (and we have the same '21 M3P MSM) :D

I've done just springs, spring + shocks/struts (sourced independently / custom) and full on coilovers, and in the case of just springs, I had a little issue with bottoming out on the bump stops. I'd love to go with just springs, but I'm concerned about, well, "streetability" and the ride getting bouncy on wavy roads.

I am definitely going to swap out these 235/35 Pirelli and go a 255/35 on the OEM Ubers, a little more sidewall / width / wheel protection, looks terrific on your ride - I see they're BFGs, can't quite see the model, assuming those are a g-Force COMP-2 A/S PLUS ?

I thought about a 10-14mm slip on rear spacer with extended shank lugnuts, I've personally never used them - but I also picked up some 5mm spacers months ago and some killer lugnuts, so that might be my jam.

Especially if I get it lowered :D