Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs for 2021 M3P

Which Springs

• Eibach

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Unplugged Performance

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Tsportline

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the moderate springs from my understanding are not made for a performance, I believe they are made for RWD maybe so I believe they are dropping the car way more down than normal because of added weight. Even going slow as possible on some speedbumps I still bang the metal bars in the front.
Just to be clear, what Model 3 do you have? What springs did you install?

I did mix up the Moderate and Mild values. But the above should help confirm in one post.

Moderate, model 3 performance
According to UP's site, the diagram notes that the Moderate (*Drop relative to RWD and Dual Motor). I did not think there was a significant difference between the Dual Motor weight and the Performance. But there would certainly be between the SR RWD and the Performance. I am unsure if they have difference part numbers for the Dual Motor Moderate and the SR RWD Moderate. If they are the same part, I suspect your M3P would be a bit greater than the 1.5 inch drop they show. Moving to the Tsportline would give you a half inch, or potentially more, clearance.

Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Spring-Set-Diagram-V2[1].png

I'm sitting at 27-1/4 inch all around with the Eibach's. I just installed them on Sunday so they may settle more, but not an inch. Maybe end up at 27 inches but not 26 inches. If you like the Tsportline, you may pick up and inch of clearance.
Okay, that is kind of what I thought, Clearly I"m not at 1.5 drop if Tsportloine is dropping 1.2 and I'm an inch below everyone else.

When I was measuring the back fender, I noticed the fenderwell material is sticking out from the inside of the fender, not a huge deal, but given where my car is sitting, its pretty close to the tire and I"m sure its rubbing when the suspension moves. I felt up under there and there doesn't seem to be a clip or any hole or anything to secure it, anyone else have this?

Unplugged all day every day. Forget the other names.

1 year with my springs. Zero issues. Best springs in the biz. Lifetime warranty. Officially licensed to work on Tesla's. Awesome team.

You even live in SoCal. Unplugged is located in Hawthorne right next to SpaceX. They'll have you done in under 45 mins. What are you waiting for?

It is always relative to available shops. If @MaskedRacerX was in Orlando, I am sure there are many shops there that would do it for closer to $400. Maybe not so many near Vilano Beach, FL.
Well none around south florida either, I've checked with multiple shops. if it was 400 to install, I'd replace the stupid springs and get somewhat reasonable tire wear and not have to worry about every single speed bump. I will admit I love the way it rides, it makes me feel 16 again, although the wife hates it (I think that adds even more to the appeal :) )

Place just quoted me 345 for labor. I was like no I mean the labor not the price for the springs. LOL I thought he misheard me. Place is hour and a half away and they open open weekdays monday through friday which I guess sorta puts me back to 750 if I gotta miss work, but anyway, that somewhat reasonable. They said they recommend H&R although they sell all of them.

Reactions: scalbert03
Well none around south florida either, I've checked with multiple shops. if it was 400 to install, I'd replace the stupid springs and get somewhat reasonable tire wear and not have to worry about every single speed bump. I will admit I love the way it rides, it makes me feel 16 again, although the wife hates it (I think that adds even more to the appeal :) )

I'm shocked there aren't more reasonable shops around Pompano Beach. With Fort Lauderdale down the road, I would think there was a decent shop density to keep prices within reason. I wonder if many don't understand that Tesla's have normal suspensions?

I have a 2022 M3P and have bought the Eibach Pro Kit E10-87-001-03-22. Haven't got the nerve to get them installed on the car yet, but I've only received the car 2 weeks ago. I believe my car got the updated suspension, that is without the drop that the Performance variant used to come with.

According to the site, these springs drop the car 1" front, and 1.4" on the rear, but I wonder if/how these figures will change given that my car is higher than what used to be the norm for the performance. My guess is that these figures will be higher, but I wonder if the figures announced by Eibach are always relative to the original suspension?

I'm also considering adding spacers (5mm front, 18mm rear).

I an normal daily use, not huge amount of miles, should I be worried of the effects of these changes on tire wear, also considering that the drop may be higher due to the updated M3P suspension?

I have a 2022 M3P and have bought the Eibach Pro Kit E10-87-001-03-22. Haven't got the nerve to get them installed on the car yet, but I've only received the car 2 weeks ago. I believe my car got the updated suspension, that is without the drop that the Performance variant used to come with.

According to the site, these springs drop the car 1" front, and 1.4" on the rear, but I wonder if/how these figures will change given that my car is higher than what used to be the norm for the performance. My guess is that these figures will be higher, but I wonder if the figures announced by Eibach are always relative to the original suspension?

I'm also considering adding spacers (5mm front, 18mm rear).

I an normal daily use, not huge amount of miles, should I be worried of the effects of these changes on tire wear, also considering that the drop may be higher due to the updated M3P suspension?
Here's a Model 3 we just completed, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs & TSportline TST Wheels and shows a good amount of drop. Spacers coming up next.

51939135389_8e5c932062_b.jpg

51939135409_2987ca1cf3_b.jpg

51939135424_c6de534fc1_b.jpg

51938815596_097cba68ca_b.jpg

51938815301_8d4b841817_b.jpg