Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs for Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
I've seen lowering springs for sale for Tesla 3. The sellers claim a "softer" ride and sleeker look. However, they don't mention the downsides. I spoke to a technician at an approved Tesla collision shop, who in essence said: "No way". He told me about the dangers of lowering including undercarriage damage, more curb rash, and worse ride. Has anyone done this, and if so what are their and anyone else's thoughts?

I've seen lowering springs for sale for Tesla 3. The sellers claim a "softer" ride and sleeker look. However, they don't mention the downsides. I spoke to a technician at an approved Tesla collision shop, who in essence said: "No way". He told me about the dangers of lowering including undercarriage damage, more curb rash, and worse ride. Has anyone done this, and if so what are their and anyone else's thoughts?
The downside is less clearance, so more chances of hitting speedbumps.

I do think the technology of various aftermarket options do make for a better ride and better handling.