Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering springs need special installer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a set of Tsportsline lowering springs on the way, does our cars need anything special to install the springs or can an ordinary shop handle the job? Or anyone who's done it, are there any gottcha to look out for?

I have 4 jack pads and Im planning on taking out the frunk before I bring it to them (you can drive around without the frunk, right?) to avoid any EV complexity.

I called one garage today and they told me they cant work on the suspension because they would have to reprogram the computer for the Tesla. WTF!!!

I have 4 jack pads and Im planning on taking out the frunk before I bring it to them (you can drive around without the frunk, right?) to avoid any EV complexity.

I called one garage today and they told me they cant work on the suspension because they would have to reprogram the computer for the Tesla. WTF!!!

That's rubbish. Maybe they think it's got air suspension or dynamic struts, but the Model 3 in any configuration simply does not have anything. The suspension components do not directly talk to the computer in any way.