Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs: TSportline vs Unplugged vs Eibach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an updated pic after swapping the TSportline with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and adding spacers (15mm front, 20mm rear). See my previous pic in this thread with TSportline.

Much happier now with the even drop and the ride quality is much improved too! They seem to ride much software with more travel and less vibration through the wheel on rougher roads.

These are stated from Eibach as a 1.3" front and 1.1" rear and I'd probably agree with that but haven't taken measurements yet.

Threw in a couple of interior shots of my completed build for kicks. :)
C896D72F-B82F-464A-AFB7-D42585A95B17.jpg
A1C2A4BC-2DD2-45D3-BB2F-31E764D3742A.jpg
60FA8EEF-BECD-44FB-B85A-C22956159CD8.jpg
7C03C330-7EEB-4202-9465-5ED48592696D.jpg
7F30E731-AEF3-4BB1-99D5-4969EAE1EE98.jpg
34563D87-D29D-4378-AB8F-091F680FDAD8.jpg
1D13C827-BB2A-44EB-8287-FBF62FBC2B2C.jpg
DC99B389-CEE2-44A5-8F6E-FDC1A7D32CB0.jpg

Sorry we missed this thread. A few updates:

We got Tezla1's spring noise resolved and is now a quiet ride. Thank you Tezla1 for the opportunity to make that right for you. We are terribly sorry that you had an abnormal experience with the first set but we are happy that the new set is operating as expected/designed with silence and engineered performance.

Latimerluis - All of our springs are matched exactly for the car and our LR RWD Moderates are perfectly paired for the LR RWD but are not paired for the SR battery pack. We are engineering a SR battery pack specific spring.

Aspec818 - Our moderates were tested by teslanomics on the youtube here for ride quality on the stock shocks and have since been in use on over 1000 cars over multiple years.

BigBleuu - Thanks for coming by for install. Sorry our Milds are not yet ready but we are doing some extra special engineering on our newest batch of Milds. I can guarantee you they'll be the most comfortable spring ever made for the Model 3 when they're ready. When the time comes lets talk and we can work out a deal on free labor to get you a more comfortable than stock ride. The way our Milds work with two linear spring rates allows us to go almost 30% softer on the primary spring rate (around town) and then our secondary rate still retains factory levels of firmness when g forces are loaded up on the spring. The complexity (and cost) of the engineering and production of the the dual linear rates enables this and the balance of finely tuned spring rates without performance loss just isn't possible with single linear or progressive springs. We took the hard way with a more costly engineering and development cycle which has had its challenges for sure, but the end result we stand behind 100% as the ultimate spring.
I have installed the unplugged moderate springs in my long range Model3 for about 3 months with the 20 inches referral wheels from Tesla. The car looks great but the ride is so much firmer. It’s so bouncy that make me want to switch back to the original springs but I hate the wheel gaps. I also hate that it scratches my bottom each time I come in and out of my driveway. I tried to angle the car in a couple different ways but nothing help. I might be able to get away w a scratch if it is just me in the car. I can’t avoid a scratch if there is another person in the car with me. I emailed unplugged performance for suggestions a while ago and heard nothing from them. Now I’m stuck with it. If I can do this all over again, I probably go their mild version or the t-sport springs. I’ll take 1 inch drop or less but the comfortable of the ride is still there.

I have installed the unplugged moderate springs in my long range Model3 for about 3 months with the 20 inches referral wheels from Tesla. The car looks great but the ride is so much firmer. It’s so bouncy that make me want to switch back to the original springs but I hate the wheel gaps. I also hate that it scratches my bottom each time I come in and out of my driveway. I tried to angle the car in a couple different ways but nothing help. I might be able to get away w a scratch if it is just me in the car. I can’t avoid a scratch if there is another person in the car with me. I emailed unplugged performance for suggestions a while ago and heard nothing from them. Now I’m stuck with it. If I can do this all over again, I probably go their mild version or the t-sport springs. I’ll take 1 inch drop or less but the comfortable of the ride is still there.
The solution is coilovers.

I just did the eibachs since they were on sale with the front and rear sways on tire rack. No complaints at all, this is how the car should have come from the factory and luckily I don’t scrape on my rolled cul de sac curb on my driveway or speedbumps.

Hi @Bnguyenhusd,

I'm sorry that you are having this experience. Are you able to PM us your information? We haven't been able to track down your email or inquiry.

For any technical or support issues, our support team can always be reached at [email protected] or (213)493-6323.

- UP team

Hi @Bnguyenhusd,

I'm sorry that you are having this experience. Are you able to PM us your information? We haven't been able to track down your email or inquiry.

For any technical or support issues, our support team can always be reached at [email protected] or (213)493-6323.

- UP team
Hi @UnpluggedP,

New to this forum. Was reading through this thread and saw a post that mentioned the UP MILD springs for LR AWD is lower than the stated 0.7" for newer gen springs. Could you confirm if this is true? Also, does UP do install as well? I think I saw someone else mention that here.

Getting my M3 LR in Jun and wanted to start preparing =D

Thanks,
Mike

1) is there a single table somewhere that summarizes all lowering spring options? price, ride quality, drop, etc.?
2) If lowering a M3 puts stress on the stocks, how does that work for M3P, which I believe has the same shocks but with a (albeit minor) drop?

Could someone advise what I should get for a 2019 model 3 performance. Happy to have it lower but previous owner installed UP springs that shop that installed is claiming are moderates yet moderates aren't listed for performance, plus car is really low so I'm doubting moderates

Anyway, what springs for performance that will let it clear a car wash and speed bump?

I just put MPP adjustable coilovers on my M3P and man they handle great. I had H&R springs on my LR3 and they were a good ride, but didn't perform like the MPP setup. Granted for 3K they better be amazing, right? I personally prefer H&R over Eibach, but both are good. UPP wouldn't be my choice.

Just wanted to key in here. I had a 2021 SR+ that I lowered on both the Eibach's Pro kit + sway bars, and then later switched to the Unplugged Performance Mild's for a couple weeks. Both were kinda hit and miss. I'm not sure which version of the Eibach's I was on...but I assume they were a earlier version because the front settled a little lower than the rear. (I've heard that this has been corrected since.) No noise at all though from those springs, which was super nice. I have to hit about 6-7 speed bumps on my way home and they really reveal spring coil noise is any way shape or form. The ride...was just okay....definitely felt like they contacted the bump stops pretty frequently despite them being trimmed as per the install instructions.

Picture of SR+ on Eibach lowering springs:
dllhost_x9OUevN2Wv.jpg

I was pretty happy with the drop, and REALLY happy with the sway bars, but wasn't happy with the ride so I did some research and settled on the Unplugged Performance Mild springs. It seemed like it was only the early versions of the springs that had coil noise issues, and that the "latest" version of the springs didn't. Just in case, I had them handle the install as well, figuring that they would probably know how to handle it best.

Picture of 2021 SR+ lowered on Unplugged Performance Mild.
dllhost_flsseHYkBb.jpg

This second picture is a little crooked, but the stance was more level than the Eibach's. Also went back to untrimmed stock bump stops and the RIDE, was what was amazing. Night and day difference between these and the Eibachs. Rode better than stock...a little softer. Unfortunately, it become pretty obvious after about 20-30 miles that they hadn't fixed the noise issue at all from their previous springs or I had got a set of the old versions...the UP Mild's made noise on every speed bump. They made popping noises over any sort of upward travel, and it was especially noticeable turning either left or right heading up a driveway. Contacted Unplugged and they scheduled me to come in to take a look. Showed their tech what I was talking about and they agreed to swap them out with new ones.

Got the car back...and the ride had gone back to what I would consider was about stock spring rate. Felt somewhat compliant, but firm. The NOISE, however got worse. WAY worse. Not only did the same noise issues exist from before, but now I was getting super loud spring binding issues going from steering lock to steering lock...which sounded super awesome trying to park my rickety semi-new Tesla in any parking lot. Contacted UP again and after some back and forth, they agreed to take me back to stock and refund both the install cost and the springs. I ended up getting just a refund for the springs...I think they forgot about the install cost...but tbh I never brought it up and was happy letting them keep the $400-ish dollars, some poor tech had to install springs 3 times on my car.

That being said, I'm thankful that UP's customer service was awesome to deal with and are definitely all about the customer...but I'll be going with Tsportline on my new Dual Motor since I haven't seen anyone complain about noise issues on those. Only looking for a moderate drop and I don't feel that dropping $2k on coil overs to drop it an inch holds much value for me. If the Tsportline ones suck, I'll probably just end up keeping it stock and dump more money in my 4runner to ease the pain.

@Alpha Motoring, coilovers are always a great way to go but do cost more. Unplugged Performance are the only springs I am aware of that come with noise reduction plastic wrap for the coils that are close together. I assume these coils rub under compression and therefore cause noise. I can't say anything about the other spring brands but my Eibachs have no noise and have had zero issues since I installed them over 2 years ago. Any reason you are limiting spring choice to UP?

UPSprings.jpg

Hi Model+,

Your write-up appears to have gone offline.

For the MYP 2023 owners with the revised suspension - which aftermarket springs do you have installed?

Data as applied to MYP variant of product:

1) Eibach: PRO-KIT Performance Springs - Part number: E10-87-002-01-22
Front: 0.6" lower, Rear: 0.8"
Progressive Spring
Comes with a new bump-stop for the front which is shorter
Install guide: Installation Instructions

2) H&R: Sport Spring - Part number: 28605-1
Front: 1.7", Rear: 1.4"
Unclear of linear or progressive
It appears the original bump stop is reused.

3) Unplugged Performance
Mild: Front/Rear: 0.5" lower
Moderate: Front'Rear: 1" lower
"Dual-rate linear"
It appears the original bump stop is reused.

Hi guys i really want to commit to Unplugged performance Mild springs but Im hesi with to go with them, because I read alot of people here that has the clunking noise with the springs. Did unplugged performance fix the issue ? what version they are on now?

thank you

Hi guys i really want to commit to Unplugged performance Mild springs but Im hesi with to go with them, because I read alot of people here that has the clunking noise with the springs. Did unplugged performance fix the issue ? what version they are on now?

thank you
As of late 2022, I heard the mild springs still have issues with noise. I went with Tsportline on my new LR. Had no noise issues, and rode great for like..the first week. but as they settled, the ride was pretty horrible as well. Crashes over speedbumps, etc. Finally bit the bullet and went with MPP Comfort coils and they are a world of difference. Night and day.

IMG_0999.jpg