Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs: TSportline vs Unplugged vs Eibach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lowered a week or so ago with Eibach Pro-kit. Fantastic results and no degradation in ride quality.
IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG

T-Sportline - maybe a bit too subtle being only 1". But if you want the slight lowered height with less chance of bottoming out, may be the way to go. "This porridge is too cold"

UnPlugged - some reports of reverse rake for certain cars and some noise issues. Don't like the fact they need plastic noise isolators around coils as they can eventually shift or wear out over time leading to noise problems again. "This porridge is too hot!"

Eibach - noticeable drop that looks nice and maintains ride quality. No noise issues. Have not bottomed out anywhere yet and have noticed a slight efficiency gain as well as flatter cornering. "Ahhh, this porridge is just right"

T-Sportline - maybe a bit too subtle being only 1". But if you want the slight lowered height with less chance of bottoming out, may be the way to go. "This porridge is too cold"

Eibach - noticeable drop that looks nice and maintains ride quality. No noise issues. Have not bottomed out anywhere yet and have noticed a slight efficiency gain as well as flatter cornering. "Ahhh, this porridge is just right"

I thought the Eibach springs were 0.9" front and 1" rear, basically the same as the T-Sportline?

I have Unplugged springs in my car since about 2 months.

I have another thread here that will tell you everything about my experience with them.

However, in short, the Unplugged Springs are noisy, clunky and I’ve had to go back to the shop 2 times to get them swapped to another type of spring.

So, I would not recommend UP springs unless you want to deal with a headache
Hello Tezla 1. Did your noise ever get resolved from UP springs? Thank you

Are some of these setups really resulting in a more comfortable ride?

I've had several lowered cars in the past with different set ups (Eibach Sportlines with stock shocks, Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellows, KW V2 coilovers, Fortune Auto 500 coilovers)...while none of them "ruined" the ride quality I never thought of them as more comfortable either.

Are some of these setups really resulting in a more comfortable ride?

I've had several lowered cars in the past with different set ups (Eibach Sportlines with stock shocks, Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellows, KW V2 coilovers, Fortune Auto 500 coilovers)...while none of them "ruined" the ride quality I never thought of them as more comfortable either.

I'm on eibach's and the ride quality is still very comfortable. It now has less body roll and is still very compliant without being harsh on the dampers.

As for lowering the car, I think it brings the ride height to an acceptable level. I still have a two finger gap in the front and rear fenders. So I think "lowering" a Tesla brings about a misconception that might lead people to visualize "slamming" a Tesla.

UnPlugged - some reports of reverse rake for certain cars and some noise issues. Don't like the fact they need plastic noise isolators around coils as they can eventually shift or wear out over time leading to noise problems again. "This porridge is too hot!"

Are you saying that your Tesla is Goldilocks?

Is there any point in an P- considering moving to P suspension, or should I just go after market coilovers? Not looking to lower due to driveway issues, but not enjoying the floating and roll of the AWD suspension with P power.
No. AM all the way coils or springs. Coilovers are overkill unless you're tracking a lot and want to maintain the components if you drive/live in salt belt areas of the country. Eibach on my 3 are perfect with zero issues of scraping and fantastic ride quality.