Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, springs were all you needed for the install. Basically just brought that to the shop and they were able to handle it themselves, no additional tools required that they didn't already have.

I think install for me it ended up being a little longer cause it was their first one so they wanted to learn as they were doing it. But like I said before, they do plenty of Audi's and I was told it was exactly like an Audi so they're familiar with what to do...I'd imagine install time would decrease a little now they know how the suspension works. I was still charged $325, so sounds like that is going to be the flat rate for install at Auto Talent.

I haven't done alignment yet, looking to do that next week, just waiting for springs to settle. I'll call around and let you know where I decide though.

Awesome! Thank you for the info. Definitely would be interested in your findings for the alignment.

I have done alignment here in the past based on recommendation from a mechanic friend who works on a lot of fixed up cars. I remember it being very fairly priced. I don't know what is good work vs bad work though but it might be worth a look for you.

714 Tires - Westminster, CA

Aside from these two other ones, I don't have any more angular pictures. I can snap a couple when I get home from work for you though if you want. Just let me know what angles you want.

View attachment 318037 View attachment 318038

Thank you. Looks pretty darn good to me. Perhaps when you have a chance, if you can post pics of what you don't like about it that is making you want to get spacers?

Based on those pics, I feel like maybe personally I don't need spacers?

Reactions: odyuh
Awesome! Thank you for the info. Definitely would be interested in your findings for the alignment.

I have done alignment here in the past based on recommendation from a mechanic friend who works on a lot of fixed up cars. I remember it being very fairly priced. I don't know what is good work vs bad work though but it might be worth a look for you.

714 Tires - Westminster, CA

Thank you. Looks pretty darn good to me. Perhaps when you have a chance, if you can post pics of what you don't like about it that is making you want to get spacers?

Based on those pics, I feel like maybe personally I don't need spacers?

It definitely doesn’t need spacers, but I’m just a big fan of the flush look, makes it look more aggressive

Reactions: dgaultiere
My wife had hers lowered at Evasive Motorsports in Santa Fe Springs, CA (ask for Mike or Tony).

$400 for labor to lower (took about 3 hours).
+$90 for alignment about a week later.

She's rolling on 19" T Sportline TST in Gloss Black on the factory Continental tires. I'm selling her stock 19" Sport wheels (PM me for pricing).

evasive.jpeg

I am also interested in options for spacers on the 18" stock wheels. I measure 20 mm to make the rear wheels flush with the outside of the body and 14 mm for the fronts.
And this is stock springs right? With any other lowering springs, it’d be more to reach flushness as mpt suggested?
So +40 stock and 15 spacers, effectively pic shows 8.5 wide +25 offsets, looks nice, now we have a good idea on what aftermarket wheels with online calculators!

And this is stock springs right? With any other lowering springs, it’d be more to reach flushness as mpt suggested?
So +40 stock and 15 spacers, effectively pic shows 8.5 wide +25 offsets, looks nice, now we have a good idea on what aftermarket wheels with online calculators!

My measurements were with stock springs, actually it is 20 mm on the back and 11.5 on the front no weight in the car. I ended up making 3 mm spacers for the front and surprisingly the visual difference was very noticeable. With the stock 18" and tires it looks flush even though it isn't. I should get the rear spacers today.

Although I like the look I am not doing any lowering....yet. Several reasons, this is a daily driver in the Inland Empire, (read bad roads), I have 141 mm clearance empty and expect to lose 10 - 15 mm with 4 passengers. I think if I lower it I will have to give up the flush look or it will rub in the wells when fully loaded hitting bumps.

Done. I’m really happy with the TSportline springs. Picked her up at Vibe in Burbank and had to take it down the canyon to get to work in Century City.
Keep in mind that these are daily driver comfort springs and they feel very similar to the 2nd gen stock springs. Feels nice and tight on the turns.
I think they look perfect on the 20” and doesn’t give it a slammed look. Maybe lower the front by 1/2 an inch would make it perfect.
In regards to the UP moderate springs, I cancelled my order a couple of days ago and just received an email that they are now in stock. So people waiting on those should get theirs soon. Just a couple days too late Unplugged Performance.
I think the moderate would have been too slammed for me.

7B643121-E248-4F96-BBE4-DE89C03B427D.jpeg

18E86DB4-C9E6-44BA-9FF0-9049A1109397.jpeg

E6EFA54E-7C47-4F75-8132-DD90F5D5AC5C.jpeg

20EC9B6C-B25F-42F2-8ECA-E3F3EE2D798D.jpeg

EC8B9147-E511-42FD-A1E5-30DAD9F08DCD.jpeg

971D5A22-711E-4E67-8E3B-ECF5450C8950.jpeg

6CA17B1F-A288-4B23-ABC9-E7AE4F1A4C01.jpeg

Done. I’m really happy with the TSportline springs. Picked her up at Vibe in Burbank and had to take it down the canyon to get to work in Century City.
Keep in mind that these are daily driver comfort springs and they feel very similar to the 2nd gen stock springs. Feels nice and tight on the turns.
I think they look perfect on the 20” and doesn’t give it a slammed look. Maybe lower the front by 1/2 an inch would make it perfect.
In regards to the UP moderate springs, I cancelled my order a couple of days ago and just received an email that they are now in stock. So people waiting on those should get theirs soon. Just a couple days too late Unplugged Performance.
I think the moderate would have been too slammed for me.

View attachment 318275

View attachment 318276

View attachment 318280

View attachment 318279

View attachment 318277

View attachment 318278

View attachment 318285

Car look amazing dude! Sorry if I missed it, but did you get spacers?

I noticed on the Tsportline site that they say not to use the lowering springs with AWD Model 3's....

What's the reason for this?

(Clueless car guy here)

My guess is that they dont know for sure that the suspension is the same yet, since we really dont know much about the AWD suspension. Also since the AWD is a bit heavier, perhaps they want to use different specs/spring rates for the AWD.

Reactions: mpt